2001 GTS Have a tech ?

I took my sea doo to the dealer and they told me I had no oil in my drive pump case, I was putting it in for a new propeller and housing . It was going to be a 550.00 dollar job now its 1200.00. Does this make scense?

Well with the information you give its hard to judge for you.. What parts need replacing and How many hours labor and at what hourly rate.. OR I can just say yea its fine or man your getting ripped off... Look at what it cost to service the car. IF you have it serviced it can cost quite a lot break a trans or clutch it can get even worse.... 1st Can you fix it? 2 do you know someone you trust to do the job as experianced as the tech thats doing it? I can tell you first hand that I have seen so intent on saving a buck or keeping the dealer out of their Ski that the end up spending twice as much or more. No one has the special tools needed to rebuild a Pump as your local dealer. Use the wrong tool and the pump housing can be damaged and be totaly worthless.. But I can tell you some dealers mark up the parts cost above MSRP. IF you want a good answer get educated about the SKi and ask questions look at the damaged parts. If you show you care and seem to understand the process and above all be on good terms with your dealer Its unlikely they will rip you off.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff mariani View Post
    I took my sea doo to the dealer and they told me I had no oil in my drive pump case, I was putting it in for a new propeller and housing . It was going to be a 550.00 dollar job now its 1200.00. Does this make scense?
    Need More Information...

I hope the extra $ from the dealer is because they are going to replace your fuel lines, clean the tank, rebuild the carbs, clean the raves, convert to pre-mix, adjust the timing and give you one hell of a hummer.

Buying a NEW plastic pump with a good used prop installed is < $550. The rest requires < $100 in parts but a boat-load of labor.

Is The Ski Worth It? (when real good 787 X4s, with all this done, are going for $1,500)

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by PEST! View Post
    No one has the special tools needed to rebuild a Pump as your local dealer.
    WRONG. I'd bet every regular contributer here has (or has made) EVERY special tool needed for a 2-stroke Doo(incl. pump rebuilds, VTS service, pop-off and 951 carb/pipe installation)

Use the wrong tool and the pump housing can be damaged and be totally worthless
    I'm sure there is someone close that can lend tools or expertise.

Thread Information