Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Mash your big ol' motors!

Had the pleasure of wringing out one of three RXT's on the north Hudson today... 190 miles with so much WOT time that I was left wondering how the engines in those babies stayed together as good as they did- great ride. For those of you who have not done that N. Hudson River ride, definately put it on your to-do list; especially when the conditions are decent.

Also Thanks to my two well experienced and very fast riding partners!

Hey!?!?!?!

Where was the invite?

+1
    Don't you think I learned my lesson from Sweetwater? j/k, Mike
    It was kind of a last minute thing. Vic

I was at Sweetwater. You just didnt see me because I was swimming.
    Did you know I spent the ENTIRE day working on my POS only to find out it was the sensor. An easy 10 sec fix!

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    good ride vic.... almost died on the way home.... 18-wheelers back tire exploded when i was on his ass.... scared the f'n chit outta me, then the car got POUNDED with rubber flying everywhere...

but today was fun... and i'll never understand how these motors don't fall apart

everyone likes to ride hard, but i really think we put these machines to the reliability test when we run them on the edge wide freaken open from 9am till 6pm only stopping for gas and food.

oh yeaaaaa... nearly 200 miles of 3 modded RXTs SCREAMINGGGGG side by side... something like 5 miles at WOT, then we let off to about a cruising pace of 7500 rpms for a mile, then back at it.... in 85 degree heat..... MASHINGGGG them motors

like Vic said, if u've never travelled the northern hudson from about newburgh to albany, i highly suggest u do it...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by idizzy
    I was at Sweetwater. You just didnt see me because I was swimming.
    Did you know I spent the ENTIRE day working on my POS only to find out it was the sensor. An easy 10 sec fix!
    Sorry about your luck that day Mike- glad it turned out to be an easy fix though... we'll get together for a ride real soon.

Glad you made it home safe Shib. Lot of fun today- skis were running real strong. I've got Rob at Formula-one to thank for that!

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    I was going to start a thread related to this subject today. How long would you run a stock (or modded) engine at WOT?

+1
    We all know about the weakness in the SC clutch- I personally worry about the wear effects on that more than any other component on my ski.

So I guess my answer would depend on water conditions- if the ski is coming unhooked alot (and subsequently the clutch is doing alot of work) then I don't feel comfortable holding her open.

Then again, if the outcome of a friendly little impromptu drag race is at stake- I mght be more inclined to throw caution to the wind.

Flat water= much safer imo. The engines seem to be able to hold up longer than my good judgement. I did a little cringing yesterday for sure.

I'm gonna guess and say we had them WOT for 2-4 minutes at a time, then a little cool down period of cruising, then back at it.

Ahh....where am I?
    +1
    Damn...I dont go anywhere unless I'm WOT. Seriously, I dont slow down for waves/chop/boat wakes/sea gulls... no wake bouys I do(circumstances pending)...errr...

And you know what ticks me off...Off the line when I cavitate, My rpms hit 8200 or so, but once I get going....7850... I know there is a reason..cavitation is lalmost like running your skii out of the water so no resistance....whatever, just pisses me off when I do see 8000+

+1
    Chris: when I ride down by you I find that the conditions often limit the opening of the throttle. For instance, I've ridden from LBI up to Toms River to a buds house, but can't keep it opened up because of the often present bay chop down there- just too much of a beating at fast speeds.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information