Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Prohibido usuario
    +1

Oil $78 a barrel?

Opec President says he can see oil stabilizing at $78 a barrel. WTF!!! Run out of room to store all the cash I guess. It is bull crap. Jack the prices way up so when they fall no one complains about the "new' higher price. Right now everyone would love $3 gallon gas. Couple of years ago $3 a gallon would have pissed me off. http://www.news.com.au/business/stor...78-462,00.html

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NCHeel View Post
    Opec President says he can see oil stabilizing at $78 a barrel. WTF!!! Run out of room to store all the cash I guess. It is bull crap. Jack the prices way up so when they fall no one complains about the "new' higher price. Right now everyone would love $3 gallon gas. Couple of years ago $3 a gallon would have pissed me off. http://www.news.com.au/business/stor...78-462,00.html

I hate to say it but I would love $78 a barrel oil, of course the price of oil is directly prepotional to how much I make. At that price gas should be below $3 a barrel closer to $2 even.

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    We will never see gas below $2.75. Maybe $2.97-.99 just so they can say it dropped below $3. After Katrina I said we will never see it below $2. and I believe the lowest national average after that was $2.13. Where did the OPEC guy come up with the $78 number. All along those guys have wanted $100 US per barrel prices. they know they will eventually run out and then what they got? Nothing. Who's going to pay for the palaces and camels then? The $78 number is BS. They realized they had jacked the prices up to much as last month Americans drove 9 billion less miles. Anyone remember this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	70point9.gif 
Views:	70 
Size:	622.3 KB 
ID:	85925  

yupp i sure do. i remember when it was 85 cents a gallon here

+1
    Bush removed the executive federal ban on domestic drilling on July 14, oil started dropping within a week...
    http://www.ens-newswire.com/ens/jul2...-07-14-093.asp
    http://www.heritage.org/Press/Commentary/ed042808a.cfm

Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    Bush removed the executive federal ban on domestic drilling on July 14, oil started dropping within a week...
    http://www.ens-newswire.com/ens/jul2...-07-14-093.asp
    http://www.heritage.org/Press/Commentary/ed042808a.cfm

So funny they said We wouldnt see the effects of that move for many years...yet it started dropping already, maybe a coincidence...but its funny how many "coincidences" happen with the government...Bunch of bullshittin bastards...

Quote Originally Posted by RustySeaRustyDoo View Post
    So funny they said We wouldnt see the effects of that move for many years...yet it started dropping already, maybe a coincidence...but its funny how many "coincidences" happen with the government...Bunch of bullshittin bastards...

Economic experts predicted all along, that if the U.S. showed some real desire to tap our own oil reserves, the world price of oil would respond accordingly. This week the Congress has started to send out the message that the Democrat majority might consider allowing the Drill Here, Drill Now bill to come to vote, and that is certainly going to help lower OPEC's price. If just the talking about our getting our own resources can do this...imagine what our actual drilling could accomplish!

These economic experts don't work for our government...what we are seeing is the Free Market doing it's thing.

By the way...Obama has gone on record as to having "no problem" with the price of our gasoline. And he would not support any new drilling...anywhere.

+1
    Fuel prices are based on Futures hence the decline in price based upon what people see down the road. For years fuel was cheap and so everyone bought big V-8 SUV's. They would put 24+ inch rims on them and drive them around town showing their bling. Nobody cared that the additional unsprung weight of the rim's was making fuel mileage already worse due to how cheap fuel was. Now were using more gas then ever and this is allowing oil companies to push prices up.

The same thing happened in the late 70's and thats how the Honda Accord became America's #1 selling car. Everyone moved from the big american cars to the smaller japanese cars. This meant less demand for fuel and lower prices.

Once enough people drive smaller cars/hybrids say around 2012+ oil companies are going to start dropping oil prices due to the lack of demand. Before you know it fuel prices are cheap again and then the cycle will repeat.

Every hear the saying "back in style" well eventually gas will be cheap and SUV's will be back in style.

+1
    I sure do remember the lotto at 18 million dollars

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Road View Post
    Economic experts predicted all along, that if the U.S. showed some real desire to tap our own oil reserves, the world price of oil would respond accordingly. This week the Congress has started to send out the message that the Democrat majority might consider allowing the Drill Here, Drill Now bill to come to vote, and that is certainly going to help lower OPEC's price. If just the talking about our getting our own resources can do this...imagine what our actual drilling could accomplish!

These economic experts don't work for our government...what we are seeing is the Free Market doing it's thing.

By the way...Obama has gone on record as to having "no problem" with the price of our gasoline. And he would not support any new drilling...anywhere.
    Very true, great post...
    and wait until they see his 845 billion Global Poverty Act, which would cost 0.7% of America's gross national product, basically a U.N. plan to force the U.S. to pay 0.7 percent of GNP and add about $65 billion a year to what the U.S. already donates overseas, via new taxes on carbon based fuels, see links here:
    http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.p...w&pageId=56405
    http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/..._proposes.html
    Last edited by YoYamma; 07-31-2008 at 07:23 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information