Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PCV

PCV

Has anyone seen any blow by accumulating in the inlet of their supercharger? Has anyone had the intercooler apart after lots of hours of riding to see if the engine blow by is accumulating on the fins? Is anyone using a seperator on the crankcase vent hose?

Hardcore,
    As i was researching and developing my own intake i noticed a few quarky things. Yes i agree with you i too see alot of blowby coming from the breather assembly. Natural progression would be supercahrger then over the cooler i see oil blowbay the hole way. This made me wonder.......the air coming from this is to vent the crankcase. Air flow path is crankcase Breather assembly (oil catch) then dumps into the intake elbow. Wouldnt it be counter productive to dump hot air into a system that is trying to achieve cold air? But to answer you question YES i too see residue on the intercooler.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by amadus98 View Post
    Hardcore,
    As i was researching and developing my own intake i noticed a few quarky things. Yes i agree with you i too see alot of blowby coming from the breather assembly. Natural progression would be supercahrger then over the cooler i see oil blowbay the hole way. This made me wonder.......the air coming from this is to vent the crankcase. Air flow path is crankcase Breather assembly (oil catch) then dumps into the intake elbow. Wouldnt it be counter productive to dump hot air into a system that is trying to achieve cold air? But to answer you question YES i too see residue on the intercooler.
    How did the Kawi guys fix this on the 250? I cant remember????

Jim

I have some leftover oilfilter foam that i use on my motorcycle and my racecar. Im going to cut a small pice and put it in the oilcatch and see if that helps. Ill keep ya posted

I wasnt even aware they had a catch of any sort on them. On a car you can juust run a old school breather but you need to evac the fumes on a ski.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcore View Post
    I wasnt even aware they had a catch of any sort on them. On a car you can juust run a old school breather but you need to evac the fumes on a ski.
    If you fallow the line from the intake elbow back its that black box that the line connects to. Its a oil catch (black box with channels built into it). Its ment to divert the air around the channels so the oil pools up and does not go out into the line.

I havent even had the engine cover off my ski yet. I am very familliar with the oil problems with forced induction on cars though and that is why this is one of the firs issues I plan to adress. Even a little blow by into the blower is bad. It will carbon up your valves and gum up your intercooler and make it lose all effeciency.

here is an intresting fact from the service manual. see attach.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Its saying to spray it in th emotor side correct? It must be to keep corrosion off the valves and cam.

Actually its showing to blow it in the breather hose that attaches to the SC intake .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information