RXP-X Loss of acceleration and top speed

Hi everybody, I was out today jumping some wakes, when suddenly I lost top speed and accelration, and I think that the noise from the supercharger was louder thereafter. The Rpm seems good and it starts right up.

My Rxp-X has only ran 6 hours, and Its less than a week since I got it.

My guess is that something like a stone is preventing the impeller from going round. But my rxp-x is on a jetskidock in the harbour so I can check if its that.

Does anybody have an idea of what the problem could be? or have had the same experience?

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by laarben View Post
    Hi everybody, I was out today jumping some wakes, when suddenly I lost top speed and accelration, and I think that the noise from the supercharger was louder thereafter. The Rpm seems good and it starts right up.

My Rxp-X has only ran 6 hours, and Its less than a week since I got it.

My guess is that something like a stone is preventing the impeller from going round. But my rxp-x is on a jetskidock in the harbour so I can check if its that.

Does anybody have an idea of what the problem could be? or have had the same experience?
    Check your SC outlet hose!! RXP-X's have a hose clamp problem causing hose to pop off.

Welcome to the forum.

Banned User
    +1
    Welcome to the Forum...

Yea, check the hoses. My father's RXTX hoes were all loose after a few hours of riding....

+1
    I would not reccomend jumping the skis the engine is heavy and will break the front motor mount.
    Check the hose like others said, but if you were on the throttle when you hit the water they may be a chance the sc washers although are metal could have gotten damaged.

Quote Originally Posted by Gus13letter View Post
    I would not reccomend jumping the skis the engine is heavy and will break the front motor mount.
    Check the hose like others said, but if you were on the throttle when you hit the water they may be a chance the sc washers although are metal could have gotten damaged.
    Wonderful, so how can you tell if the front mount is "broken", just try and move the motor by hand? Is it the mount or the fiberglass that will break?

OH, and if the supercharger got "louder", you popped a hose probably the one on the outlet of the supercharger (has happened to me twice). Use a wrench or socket to tighten the clamp. I tighten mine until the excess clamp that sticks out from the tightening screw/bolt starts to twist (pretty darn tight) and it's been fine ever since (even after removing a couple of times to do mods).-=Mike G.
    Last edited by Mikey G.; 07-31-2008 at 10:42 AM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey G. View Post
    Wonderful, so how can you tell if the front mount is "broken", just try and move the motor by hand? Is it the mount or the fiberglass that will break?-=Mike G.
    Doesnt sound like your front mount is broken. Just wanted to let you know to be careful. I know there are upgraded mounts out there. I love jumping waves but a friend of mine that owns a shop warned me that the front mounts can break from wavejumping which can lead to severe problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Gus13letter View Post
    Doesnt sound like your front mount is broken. Just wanted to let you know to be careful. I know there are upgraded mounts out there. I love jumping waves but a friend of mine that owns a shop warned me that the front mounts can break from wavejumping which can lead to severe problems.
    My ski is not having any problems (I am not the thread starter), I was just curious as to symptoms of a broken mount.

-=Mike G.

Thx. I just checked it, and it was the hose that has got lose! So I'm running on full power again.

I cant help juping on this machine.. It gets so fast out of the water that no wakejumping would be out of the question!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by laarben View Post
    Thx. I just checked it, and it was the hose that has got lose! So I'm running on full power again.

I cant help juping on this machine.. It gets so fast out of the water that no wakejumping would be out of the question!
    Glad to hear that it was a simple fix.
    I know from time to time I catch myself doing the same thing.

Master of the Dooniverse
    You can get pretty good air on the X. if i couldn't jump it big i would sell it righ tnow. you need ot be on the gas a touch when handling or it will hook right on you and you could hit the bars or eject. foudn that out couple times.

Thread Information