Pump Wedge Question

just wondering what conditions (i.e. rough water, smooth water) does the wedge work the best in. From those that use it what real benifits have you seen, what don't you like about it, if anything, and are there water conditions that it is best to just leave it off?

anybody ever used one lol. just wondering because I am to the point of installing it on a Stage II RXP?

Quote Originally Posted by GRNGOBLIN
    just wondering what conditions (i.e. rough water, smooth water) does the wedge work the best in. From those that use it what real benifits have you seen, what don't you like about it, if anything, and are there water conditions that it is best to just leave it off?
    Works in all conditions. Just set your trim correctly so you don't come rocketing out of the water. Obviously with or without a wedge you don't want your trim all the way up in chop.

Trim all the way down on the display with wedge = neutral trim. If you want to be able to get the trim lower, get a VTS extension rod.

I love my wedge.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXPkid
    Works in all conditions. Just set your trim correctly so you don't come rocketing out of the water. Obviously with or without a wedge you don't want your trim all the way up in chop.

Trim all the way down on the display with wedge = neutral trim. If you want to be able to get the trim lower, get a VTS extension rod.

I love my wedge.
    does the vts extension rod scrub speed? i don't understand what it does or how it does it.

+1
    I love mine as well. It helps get you airborne

+1
    My 2 pennies worth, If you ride in rough water your better off without the wedge. Im not so sure going airborne all the time in rough water would be the best thing for our super chargers. The more you can keep planted in rough water the higher speeds you will be able to obtain.

+1

Thumbs up

And the higher you go, the more fun you will have. Boats with big blocks go fast in calm water. If you own a ski,,you should be living on the edge!

J Fizzle, when you put the wedge on it spaces back the attachment point of the VTS cable, in effect shortening that cable. That means the cable is not long enough to trim all the down like you did before.

On a full throttle start the my ski would jump out of the water (not good for racing). The VTS extension rod legthens the cable enough for you to trim all the way down again. This also has the effect of the trim gauge reading acurately again. I think it is a "must have" if you use a wedge. And no you certainly don't loose any speed.

+1
    Love my wedge!! I seem to ride fine in rough water, I just trim it down

Quote Originally Posted by Insanediego-RXP
    My 2 pennies worth, If you ride in rough water your better off without the wedge. Im not so sure going airborne all the time in rough water would be the best thing for our super chargers. The more you can keep planted in rough water the higher speeds you will be able to obtain.
    Trim down. All the way down on the VTS with wedge = neutral trim. Get a VTS extension rod if you wish to trim down as far as you could without the wedge. A wedge does not make them ski worse in chop from my experience.

Thread Information