Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Power Washers

+1

Power Washers

I need a good power washer for around the house to spray down the house, wash off the mowers and so forth need some input into brands and prices of what YOU have and use personally?
    Thanks

+1
    I've had this Troy built for over 4 years with zero problems. My wife bought it for me.

always remember:
    • Run it till its empty
    • Remove the pressure/discharge hose and pull the cord and let all the water drain out of the pump.
    • always wear safety glasses and boots [water can cut]
    http://www.troybilt-gen-pw.com/press...id=Endeca.7733

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RX951 View Post
    • always wear safety glasses and boots [water can cut]
    You dumb SOB. Why in the hell would you recommend such a thing. We all know that safety glasses could get wet causing the operator to be unable to see clearly in which case he would likely spray an injurious high pressure stream of water on small children in the vicinity.

And boots? Are you kidding me? What if the operator of this washer accidently sprays a wasp or dirt dauber nest and has to escape quickly? Do you think he could do so wearing cumbersome, heavy boots? No, he would likely get stung by hundreds of angry bees/wasps. Ever thought of that smart guy?

Banned User
    +1
    Yea, what do you think you are, some kinda Safety Police or something???

My father got himself a little portable electric one from the hardware store, been working find for years...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko View Post
    You dumb SOB. Why in the hell would you recommend such a thing. We all know that safety glasses could get wet causing the operator to be unable to see clearly in which case he would likely spray an injurious high pressure stream of water on small children in the vicinity.

And boots? Are you kidding me? What if the operator of this washer accidently sprays a wasp or dirt dauber nest and has to escape quickly? Do you think he could do so wearing cumbersome, heavy boots? No, he would likely get stung by hundreds of angry bees/wasps. Ever thought of that smart guy?

Sounds like a Liar oh I mean Lawyer to me
    Too dam funny!

honda makes some nice ones.i have a 6.5 hp one .home depot not a bad price too.

I got a craftsman 2600psi unit about 4 years ago, use it monthly during the summer and maybe every couple in winter. Have had no problems yet.

I would get one that has a dispense system. I love being able to put a different nozzle on and presoak everything with degreaser.

Add ear plugs to the safety gear, when I'm pressure washing all the cement around the house for hours on end I can't hear at the end of the day if I don't wear ear protection.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by _Lurker_ View Post
    Add ear plugs to the safety gear, when I'm pressure washing all the cement around the house for hours on end I can't hear at the end of the day if I don't wear ear protection.
    My washer does not cause me to lose my hearing. It's the walkman with the volume turned all the way up that does that.

+1

I bought a reconditioned unit off ebay, c&h 1600psi electric. For the money I spent it works great, I mainly use it to spray off the ATVs, trucks undercarriage, stones, and sidewalketc. If your going to use it for anything more than that you'll probably want a stronger gas unit, but for basics electrics work good, IMO.

Jay

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information