1999 1050 SLTX, no spark on MAG Cylinder

Hi All,
    I do not have a spark on the #1 cylinder (closest cylinder to the fuel tank). I have two of the exact same ski's. Both are 1999 1050 SLTX's. We swapped the electrical board and the CDI box (entire box) from the good one to the bad one and vice versa and no spark. I took the same items out of the bad ski and put in the good one, and I have a spark.

So it sounds like something related to the actual bad ski. A bad ground, something in the Stator, magneto? Not sure the terminology, anyone face the same problem before?

I had it on the water this past week and it seems that sometimes it will spark all three and run normal, then the rest of the time, it will only run on two. Any help would be appreciated, any advice on where I can troubleshoot would be useful as well.

Thanks!

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the Hulk.
    Sounds like a bad coil or stator,down load the factory service manual from on here and test the stator.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=38870

Welcome to the Hulk!!

Quote Originally Posted by Keddano View Post
    Welcome to the Hulk.
    Sounds like a bad coil or stator,down load the factory service manual from on here and test the stator.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=38870

Thanks for the replies. Great forum, tons of good info. Where would I purchase a stator. Supplied for the polaris are hard to find being almost 10 years old.

Thanks!

+1
    If you're not swapping the plug wires and/or caps, maybe start there??

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by dragpro View Post
    Thanks for the replies. Great forum, tons of good info. Where would I purchase a stator. Supplied for the polaris are hard to find being almost 10 years old.

Thanks!
    Check out the rest before buying a stator,they're not cheap.For a stator,Get ahold of Randy at www.Watcon.com

Quote Originally Posted by Keddano View Post
    Check out the rest before buying a stator,they're not cheap.For a stator,Get ahold of Randy at www.Watcon.com

Thank for the info. Just a recap of what I've done so far.

I have two of these Skis, both are 99 1050 SLTX's One runs perfect the other misses on the mag cylinder. Ocassionaly the mag cylinder fires and the ski runs perfect.

From the good one I swapped into the bad one the Jumper box up front (black box under the storage box in the front of the ski), swapped the electrical box in the engine compartment in its entirety, swapped the electronic display, still no spark on the Mag Cylinder. Replaced all my plugs as well as took a plug from a working cylinder and put it in the non-working. I checked my grounds, put a good battery in it still no spark.

Then I took it one step further by putting all of those things from the bad ski into the good running ski and the problem did not transfer. All which has lead me to believe I have a bad stator. Do you think I've done enough to come to this conclusion? I realize that stator is expensive so I want to make sure I troubleshoot everything before replacing the stator.

Thoughts, comments are appreciated.

+1
    Hi dragpro,Welcome to Green hulk!
    My opinion-the stator does not determine which cyliner fires spark,it goes round and round,simply sends a signal to send spark to any cylinder,the CDI should determines which cylinder,of cource measure the stator according to the service manual to eliminate it,

Thread Information