Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

96 Xp Hull Xtender

Hi everyone,

Just picked up a 96 xp, and it has a r & d hull extender on it. I was going to run it with the extender off this weeked to see whether I want it on there or not. Anyone know if the bolts holding it on are different from the stock bolts? If I take the plate off are those bolts going to be too long to put back in under the nozzle? If so I assume I will have to go get some new stock size bolts.

Just wanted to check before I waste time taking it off

Quote Originally Posted by a greens View Post
    Hi everyone,

Just picked up a 96 xp, and it has a r & d hull extender on it. I was going to run it with the extender off this weeked to see whether I want it on there or not. Anyone know if the bolts holding it on are different from the stock bolts? If I take the plate off are those bolts going to be too long to put back in under the nozzle? If so I assume I will have to go get some new stock size bolts.

Just wanted to check before I waste time taking it off
    Can't answer your question but I'm from Indiana (Indianapolis aread) and just picked up a 96 XP within the week as well. Good luck with it, I LOVE this thing lol.

+1
    if the bolts are not threaded all the way, they will probably be too long. you can run a die over the threads (M8x1.25) to extend the threads up the shoulder of the bolt since the overall length isn't critical. it just means that you have to thread it in further.

Quote Originally Posted by JJLee138 View Post
    Can't answer your question but I'm from Indiana (Indianapolis aread) and just picked up a 96 XP within the week as well. Good luck with it, I LOVE this thing lol.
    Awesome.. I have alot of friends in Indy, I live in Fort Wayne, but have a lake place in Hamilton. This week I replaced all the fuel lines and rebuilt the carbs.. I just took it out today and it is running awesome, like brand new, but i could feel this rideplate thing and it felt like it was pushing the nose down into the water.. i was topping out at 52 on gps, but felt like I could go faster if it wasn't plowing through the water. It's definately an awesome wave jumper though... can't wait till the weekend when the water gets rough.

Quote Originally Posted by JayZ View Post
    if the bolts are not threaded all the way, they will probably be too long. you can run a die over the threads (M8x1.25) to extend the threads up the shoulder of the bolt since the overall length isn't critical. it just means that you have to thread it in further.
    Awesome thanks, I'll give it a shot and see if I need to run the die over it or not. Appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by a greens View Post
    Awesome.. I have alot of friends in Indy, I live in Fort Wayne, but have a lake place in Hamilton. This week I replaced all the fuel lines and rebuilt the carbs.. I just took it out today and it is running awesome, like brand new, but i could feel this rideplate thing and it felt like it was pushing the nose down into the water.. i was topping out at 52 on gps, but felt like I could go faster if it wasn't plowing through the water. It's definately an awesome wave jumper though... can't wait till the weekend when the water gets rough.

Awesome thanks, I'll give it a shot and see if I need to run the die over it or not. Appreciate it!

Congrats. And good luck!! I LOVE my XP, but definatly NOT in rough water!! LOL

hey greens how hard was it to replace the fuel lines and carbs? Im lookin at an XP and it may need to have the same done to it.

Stop Obama Express
    ^ not hard to do at all with the right tools and mechanic know-how.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    hey greens how hard was it to replace the fuel lines and carbs? Im lookin at an XP and it may need to have the same done to it.
    It wasn't bad at all.. The bolts holding the carbs in were a big pain to get off.. Other than that, it was pretty smooth sailing.. Only snag I hit was the front inline gas filter o-ring tore when I took it off, so I had to make an extra trip to the dealer (not close) to get a replacement..

Otherwise, I just replaced one line at a time, so I didn't criss cross anything, and I used zip-ties with stainless inserts, so it went alot faster than putting worm clamps back on. All in all, it probably took me about 4 and a half hours.

This ski had plugged up carb filters when I got it.. It wouldn't rev past 75 percent or so.. So the fuel lines were already in bad shape.. Thank God for this site, or I would never have known to change the lines. Or got such a good deal on this sea-doo

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Welcome a greens! Looks like you've been doing some great wrenching so far. Congrats on getting the best handling ski you'll ever own.

When you get a chance pull your carb bolts back out and grease the shafts This prevents the carbs from oxidizing and growing to the bolts.

The extended ride plate is a piece of crap...get the stocker.

Let us know how fast you want to go...we can get you there!

RQ

woot, just bought a 96 XP...cant WAIT to have some fun with it! BUT, before I do anything, do I need to do anything right away?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information