Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    a greens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    10

    96 Xp Hull Xtender

    Hi everyone,

    Just picked up a 96 xp, and it has a r & d hull extender on it. I was going to run it with the extender off this weeked to see whether I want it on there or not. Anyone know if the bolts holding it on are different from the stock bolts? If I take the plate off are those bolts going to be too long to put back in under the nozzle? If so I assume I will have to go get some new stock size bolts.

    Just wanted to check before I waste time taking it off


  2. #2
    Newb : ( JJLee138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by a greens View Post
    Hi everyone,

    Just picked up a 96 xp, and it has a r & d hull extender on it. I was going to run it with the extender off this weeked to see whether I want it on there or not. Anyone know if the bolts holding it on are different from the stock bolts? If I take the plate off are those bolts going to be too long to put back in under the nozzle? If so I assume I will have to go get some new stock size bolts.

    Just wanted to check before I waste time taking it off
    Can't answer your question but I'm from Indiana (Indianapolis aread) and just picked up a 96 XP within the week as well. Good luck with it, I LOVE this thing lol.

  3. #3
    JayZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    mississauga, ontario
    Posts
    407
    +1
    1
    if the bolts are not threaded all the way, they will probably be too long. you can run a die over the threads (M8x1.25) to extend the threads up the shoulder of the bolt since the overall length isn't critical. it just means that you have to thread it in further.

  4. #4
    a greens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by JJLee138 View Post
    Can't answer your question but I'm from Indiana (Indianapolis aread) and just picked up a 96 XP within the week as well. Good luck with it, I LOVE this thing lol.
    Awesome.. I have alot of friends in Indy, I live in Fort Wayne, but have a lake place in Hamilton. This week I replaced all the fuel lines and rebuilt the carbs.. I just took it out today and it is running awesome, like brand new, but i could feel this rideplate thing and it felt like it was pushing the nose down into the water.. i was topping out at 52 on gps, but felt like I could go faster if it wasn't plowing through the water. It's definately an awesome wave jumper though... can't wait till the weekend when the water gets rough.

    Quote Originally Posted by JayZ View Post
    if the bolts are not threaded all the way, they will probably be too long. you can run a die over the threads (M8x1.25) to extend the threads up the shoulder of the bolt since the overall length isn't critical. it just means that you have to thread it in further.
    Awesome thanks, I'll give it a shot and see if I need to run the die over it or not. Appreciate it!

  5. #5
    1996XP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    168
    Quote Originally Posted by a greens View Post
    Awesome.. I have alot of friends in Indy, I live in Fort Wayne, but have a lake place in Hamilton. This week I replaced all the fuel lines and rebuilt the carbs.. I just took it out today and it is running awesome, like brand new, but i could feel this rideplate thing and it felt like it was pushing the nose down into the water.. i was topping out at 52 on gps, but felt like I could go faster if it wasn't plowing through the water. It's definately an awesome wave jumper though... can't wait till the weekend when the water gets rough.



    Awesome thanks, I'll give it a shot and see if I need to run the die over it or not. Appreciate it!

    Congrats. And good luck!! I LOVE my XP, but definatly NOT in rough water!! LOL

  6. #6
    Rampage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Holland, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    2,932
    hey greens how hard was it to replace the fuel lines and carbs? Im lookin at an XP and it may need to have the same done to it.

  7. #7
    Stop Obama Express
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    256
    ^ not hard to do at all with the right tools and mechanic know-how.

  8. #8
    a greens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    hey greens how hard was it to replace the fuel lines and carbs? Im lookin at an XP and it may need to have the same done to it.
    It wasn't bad at all.. The bolts holding the carbs in were a big pain to get off.. Other than that, it was pretty smooth sailing.. Only snag I hit was the front inline gas filter o-ring tore when I took it off, so I had to make an extra trip to the dealer (not close) to get a replacement..

    Otherwise, I just replaced one line at a time, so I didn't criss cross anything, and I used zip-ties with stainless inserts, so it went alot faster than putting worm clamps back on. All in all, it probably took me about 4 and a half hours.

    This ski had plugged up carb filters when I got it.. It wouldn't rev past 75 percent or so.. So the fuel lines were already in bad shape.. Thank God for this site, or I would never have known to change the lines. Or got such a good deal on this sea-doo

  9. #9
    96XPSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Posts
    4,361
    Welcome a greens! Looks like you've been doing some great wrenching so far. Congrats on getting the best handling ski you'll ever own.

    When you get a chance pull your carb bolts back out and grease the shafts This prevents the carbs from oxidizing and growing to the bolts.

    The extended ride plate is a piece of crap...get the stocker.

    Let us know how fast you want to go...we can get you there!

    RQ

  10. #10
    Rampage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Holland, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    2,932
    woot, just bought a 96 XP...cant WAIT to have some fun with it! BUT, before I do anything, do I need to do anything right away?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. FS 96 XP Hull & Misc. Parts
    By 96xp-ss in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-19-2010, 01:49 PM
  2. 951 into 96 xp hull conversion - website made
    By Deanrw3 in forum Conversion PWC Performance Skis
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-02-2009, 05:03 PM
  3. 787 or 951 into 96 xp hull
    By Deanrw3 in forum Conversion PWC Performance Skis
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-28-2008, 09:36 PM
  4. FS:96 XP Hull
    By texh20racer in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-20-2008, 05:05 PM
  5. 96 XP hull 95 XP blown motor 96 XP Jet pump
    By pbjones81 in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-08-2008, 09:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •