Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

sponsoon location?

I need help locating the sponsons for my new beach house units that I got from SLX1200 any help or measurments would be appreciated ...92 sl hull
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/atta...0&d=1213938549

Keith sent me some good info but now I am wondering if I am missing somthing? All that I received was the fin and some bolts, does the hull need a seperate plate that has inserts to adjust the sponson? or does this one use the stock sponson mounts that mine doesn't have?

What will Beach House fully adjustable sponsons do for you and your PWC?
    Beach House sponsons will give your PWC better straight-line tracking during higher speeds or when pulling towables. You will be able to lean into the turn for a safer, more natural ride instead of leaning out the opposite direction of the turn. On models that need it, they will provide a little extra lift at the rear of the hull which will help keep the nose down, thus (less bouncing). You will be able to turn sharp and fast without spinning out and you can still make nice clean sweeper turns.
    Why Beach House angles all of there sponsons

Backview

Backview

Backview
    Angled inward gives super quick turning, but can catch and turn to soon making the boat stop and sit in the turn. During sweeper turns the boat will try cutting into turn instead of sweeping. Straight on hull gives a good median for most models. Sharp smooth turns. Good straight-line stability. Lift on the back of boat to keep nose from bouncing. Angled outward gives a smoother turn, not a sharp turn that wants to catch and turn to soon as in sweeper type turns, also creates more lift on the back of boat to help keep nose from bouncing. On some models it can provide to much lift.
    Why adjustable? Because everyone rides different and on different water conditions
    Backview
    Higher out of water less aggressive, less drag and less lift. Still providing better than stock performance for offshore riding or fast straight line. Backview
    Deeper much more aggressive, posible drag, more lift. For closed course riding and those who like to ride aggressively. Or when pulling towables.
    Every 1/4" can make a difference front to back. Forward gives a tighter turning radius for a more aggressive turn, once the turn is initiated it turns fast and immediately.
    The forward position also gives less lift to the back end of boat putting less of the nose down into the water.
    Toward the back is a looser turning radius for a more forgiving turn for uneven water conditions. Once the turn is initiated it can be changed a little easier than if it were further forward. This position also gives more lift to the back end of boat putting more of the nose in the water. To far forward can make the boat dive into the turn.
    Last edited by ZMANN; 07-31-2008 at 04:16 PM.

+1
    It sounds like you are missing the wedge piece that attaches to the hull and then the blades attach to it.

I re read the original post ( see link below )and they are ! piece so I think I need to put inserts in my hull at the factory sponson location. I could probably figure it out but would appreciate any measurements
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=61979

+1
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sponsoninstall_00032.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	86072  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Nice!! thx

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    Hey Beerdart,That should be in the Tech area,Good info there.

Quote Originally Posted by Keddano View Post
    Hey Beerdart,That should be in the Tech area,Good info there.
    It's already in the Tech Section.

Quote Originally Posted by axgrider73 View Post
    It's already in the Tech Section.
    I got to say if it is ( I believe you) that the search engine here sucks big time
    or I need to figure out how to isolate search terms so I stop getting 10,000
    unrelated items

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information