rxp x and stability

after having a gpr 1300 and a px for 4 weeks i get the scares to go fast in the chopy sea ,its gives me the feeling its going to through me off ,seems to handle shit compared to a gpr ,is this anything to do with the opas or can it be improved with other sponsons

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nobbyq View Post
    after having a gpr 1300 and a px for 4 weeks i get the scares to go fast in the chopy sea ,its gives me the feeling its going to through me off ,seems to handle shit compared to a gpr ,is this anything to do with the opas or can it be improved with other sponsons
    Play with the trim levels.....depending on conditions...triming the bow down willl keep u from jumping/porpoising as much..which in turn keeps ur pump hooked up and u going faster. Intake grate will help also....
    It takes alot of skill, agility, and muscle to keep a 2 seater going fast in rough conditions....especially at the speeds that the RXP is capable. But it can be done....Steve Friebe is a good example.
    That's why the 3 seaters s-ck for wake-jumping but excel offSHOre....they tend to plow and punch thru the wave.....especially the Ultra.

Go to pwcoffshore.com ......its a very informative site....really good info....oh..and lifter wedges can help but there is an inherent risk in using them......disclaimer for me and Greenhulk.....I'm addicted to offshore.... I love it...be safe and have fun

+1
    Yep, for me that is the number one thing I hate about the RXP and the number one thing I loved about my GPR. Riding fast in big chop on an RXP is much more of an ass puckering experience. I always felt in control with the GPR and rarely do on the RXP, but that certainly gets the adrenaline pumping. In the end, stock for stock, the RXP-X just had too many more advantages over a GPR for me not to make the switch.

Me and a buddy setup a buoy course last weekend and ran our RXP-X's. That machine was made for that type of riding. It rails in the corners and pulls like a mofo coming out of them. My old modified 1200R would have been eatin alive.

I think the RE block offs are supposed to help straight line tracking through chop and skegs would be good too. An aftermarket intake grate should help too. The X skis track better in chop than the 215 RXP's by far and I think along with the bigger intake, the massive intake grate lends to that as well.

+1
    Had the same feeling when I went from my GPR to the RXP, I felt like I was sitting on top of the RXP waiting to be flung off, the GPR made me feel as if I were part of the ski, if that makes sence.

Thread Information