Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

For those that pre ordered Riva Titainium valve spring retainers

They have since upgraded their kit to include higher rate valve springs and base washers.

Our Valve Train Upgrade Kit increases the reliability of your modified engine by reducing the possibility of valve float at high rpm. Includes lightweight, precision-machined titanium valve retainers, racing valve springs, base washers and OE rocker arm shaft bolts that must be replaced during installation.
    This jumps the price of this modification to $599.95
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=380

I will be emailing everyone that placed orders for these.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rs19050_vtu.gif 
Views:	351 
Size:	26.8 KB 
ID:	4818  

+1
    When will this part be available. and know I guess you have to take the head off to install this kit, before I saw you didn't have to there was a special tool you needed. Thanks

+1
    Boy, I thought Riva did all there home work and R&D on this kit and they keep adding to it.
    Seams as if they jumped the gun to get it on the market as so many other options were on the rise...

I still see these going into coil bind. The springs that nils sells have more travel in them. I measured the travel in each spring and Nils springs have looks like about 1/4" more travel in them. Also his springs have 20 more libs in total squish. I have been having a problem with the stock valve train for a while now. The only thing I need from this kit is the Titanium retainers. Since the alluminum ones have a small prob with the keepers pulling thru. Only had 1 to do this but you cant go wrong with stronger material. I also went thru and had to buy a new $55 reamer to get my guides to 6.15mm bigger to not have so much friction between the valve and guide. See everyone is building these boats to run fast and they do but my problem is 15-20mins into the race the guides are getting tighter and tighter. I hope this sheds light on the new kit and may help anyone who has this problem.

Jerry now with this kit do I have to pull the head to install or can it still be done without pulling it?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by excess
    Jerry now with this kit do I have to pull the head to install or can it still be done without pulling it?
    Lock down the pto and preasurise the cylinder....But, it's a pain in the arse. Probably need to regrind the valves anyway?

Sorry jawz you kind of lost me there

where can I get the tools now to pressurize the cylinder and do the valve train job. Also is there any tool needed to lock down the pto?

+1
    Excess: You do not need to pull the head. You will need to use an air compressor. I have done this on cars before. Get a compression guage that has a detachable hose so you can hook up an airline to it and that is how you will pressurise the cylinder, the piston will push down and the valves will be pushed up into the head. Then you can use the spring tool to compress the spring and remove the retainers and everything just comes right off then and the valve will just stay in place, just dont turn off the air till your done or the valve will drop into the cylinder. It is very easy to do just time consuming

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by excess
    No, Riva is still making the tool so that we can do the swap without removing the head.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information