Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    +1

Garmin eTrex Legend

Just bought a GPS and this is what I got = the Garmin eTrex Legend (blue like the one Hulk has, I think). Is this a good one?

And too, where can I get a bracket to mount it on my ski - where, like the handle bar? Glove box?

Any suggestions muchos appreciatos.

+1
    rx, that is the same one i have. it's a great little GPS too!
    I have mine velcro'd to the glove box lid, but I just bought a RAM handlebar mount for it. I really dont care for it on the bars so im still trying to figure out another place to mount it.

+1
    I'm thinking somewhere else too, just for the sake of me knocking it off when I'm doing some "spirited" riding.

How I wish there was a glove box lid replacement like the GTX...didn't someone post on SD.net that they were going to fabricate such a thing?

+1
    I have that same garmin unit. I put mine in either glove box with some padding. It works great through the plastic, hell the antenna is already in plastic. It just doesn't like metal blocking it.

I like 1 mile from the Garmin world headquarters!! My dad actually worked there for a while, great company, just a little expensive.

I got the fishing hotspots maps for mine. It's has great detail on lakes, including depths!

+1
    Just busted it out of the package. Sitting here at work - inside, so I can't boot it up to find the satellites. I haven't even read the manual, but where can I download maps and stuff?

+1
    You have to buy the software and it's got pretty good copy protection. Go to garmin.com, look for mapsource or fishing hotspots. You'll need the data cable, i think it came with the unit.

+1
    Got the data cable - weird how it's not a USB, but oh well.

I'll check that out. I always seem to get new toys or mods when it's raining, but then again it's always raining up here in the NW.

I also have the eTrex legend. I love it! I've been try to find somewhere to mount it as well. You guy figure something out, please post some pics!!!

I have mine mounted on the handle bars, on the little plastic piece next to the thumb throttle. I have not had any problems with it there yet and works great for me. I bought the new chrome covers off the 05, so will be looking for a new place to mount it. Trying to stay off the glove box area though, have already lost one good pair of sunglasses that way adn i have come to like it mounted where I can see it. If I can come up with anything, will make sure to get some pic's and post for you guys.

+1
    Peligroso - I've seen that attachment option for the eTrex but I thought it would get hit - I guess it seems to work.

Mgo - I bought a neoprene cover for it (like a cell phone cover) and it has a belt hook on it. I just attached it to my vest for the meantime, but you could easily rig up some zip tie thing around the glove box...something that allows you to take it on the ski and in the car. Use whatever strapping to go through the belt hook...?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information