diffrence between xs ic, pirhana or riva intercoolers

is there any diffrence beteween these ic or is it just a price diffrence

thanks

Try doing a search because Danny did some very indepth flow testing on all of those intercoolers... Ron

+1
    The XS has the most air flow. The Piranha has an anodized core. The Riva Gen I and Piranha are nearly identical minus the anodized core. The Riva Gen II is the X series intercooler with Riva's hardware. The Gen II is supposedly the best. The smaller IC's have slightly more throttle response. Then there's price.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    The XS has the most air flow. The Piranha has an anodized core. The Riva Gen I and Piranha are nearly identical minus the anodized core. The Riva Gen II is the X series intercooler with Riva's hardware. The Gen II is supposedly the best. The smaller IC's have slightly more throttle response. Then there's price.
    The Piranha and XS have the same CORE layout, but differ in anodizing, water routing, and endcaps...The Riva GEN 1 IC is completely different, and the Gen 2 (X IC) is different from all of them...

I just did some flow work on the X IC, Gibson setup, and TDR box for the GPRXP's....Number and pics coming tonight

results

does anyone have any results from changing the water inlets on the xs/ic so that they are at the top and bottom and not in the middle, so the ic will fill with water better.

Quote Originally Posted by DIGGS View Post
    does anyone have any results from changing the water inlets on the xs/ic so that they are at the top and bottom and not in the middle, so the ic will fill with water better.
    ATC2006 did it and could not tell any difference...not sure it's worth the effort to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    The Piranha and XS have the same CORE layout, but differ in anodizing, water routing, and endcaps...The Riva GEN 1 IC is completely different, and the Gen 2 (X IC) is different from all of them...

I just did some flow work on the X IC, Gibson setup, and TDR box for the GPRXP's....Number and pics coming tonight
    Well, great news on doing the Gibson. I was trying to work out a time I could send mine to you...glad you got one. Anxious to see what you found!

Thread Information