Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    diffrence between xs ic, pirhana or riva intercoolers

    is there any diffrence beteween these ic or is it just a price diffrence

    thanks


  2. #2
    King_Of_Fun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Catawba Island, Ohio
    Posts
    2,703
    Try doing a search because Danny did some very indepth flow testing on all of those intercoolers... Ron

  3. #3
    JFizzleJR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    8,628
    +1
    807
    The XS has the most air flow. The Piranha has an anodized core. The Riva Gen I and Piranha are nearly identical minus the anodized core. The Riva Gen II is the X series intercooler with Riva's hardware. The Gen II is supposedly the best. The smaller IC's have slightly more throttle response. Then there's price.

  4. #4
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Crest Hill, IL
    Posts
    9,512
    +1
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    The XS has the most air flow. The Piranha has an anodized core. The Riva Gen I and Piranha are nearly identical minus the anodized core. The Riva Gen II is the X series intercooler with Riva's hardware. The Gen II is supposedly the best. The smaller IC's have slightly more throttle response. Then there's price.
    The Piranha and XS have the same CORE layout, but differ in anodizing, water routing, and endcaps...The Riva GEN 1 IC is completely different, and the Gen 2 (X IC) is different from all of them...

    I just did some flow work on the X IC, Gibson setup, and TDR box for the GPRXP's....Number and pics coming tonight

  5. #5

    results

    does anyone have any results from changing the water inlets on the xs/ic so that they are at the top and bottom and not in the middle, so the ic will fill with water better.

  6. #6
    AKA: Larry lafjax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Posts
    3,032
    Quote Originally Posted by DIGGS View Post
    does anyone have any results from changing the water inlets on the xs/ic so that they are at the top and bottom and not in the middle, so the ic will fill with water better.
    ATC2006 did it and could not tell any difference...not sure it's worth the effort to do it.

  7. #7
    AKA: Larry lafjax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Posts
    3,032
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    The Piranha and XS have the same CORE layout, but differ in anodizing, water routing, and endcaps...The Riva GEN 1 IC is completely different, and the Gen 2 (X IC) is different from all of them...

    I just did some flow work on the X IC, Gibson setup, and TDR box for the GPRXP's....Number and pics coming tonight
    Well, great news on doing the Gibson. I was trying to work out a time I could send mine to you...glad you got one. Anxious to see what you found!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Riva Intercooler or XS
    By Kohl531 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 06-09-2008, 10:27 AM
  2. Looking for 4" inlet/outlet XS or similar intercooler RXP
    By yellow4 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-04-2007, 07:06 AM
  3. AFTER MARKET INTERCOOLER RRIC OR RIVA IC
    By JOSE13RT in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-20-2006, 07:31 AM
  4. riva Intercooler question and IC blocking
    By amirmiz in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-01-2006, 10:25 AM
  5. Anyone Run RR IC or Riva IC by itself?
    By Water4fire in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-15-2006, 12:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •