Do I need the air tube?

Do I need to keep the air tube that is attached under the seat that just ends down inside the engine compartment on my RXT?
    would it be better to keep it off and have more air circulating in the engine compartment? Or do I need to keep it installed?

Quote Originally Posted by wavehummer View Post
    Do I need to keep the air tube that is attached under the seat that just ends down inside the engine compartment on my RXT?
    would it be better to keep it off and have more air circulating in the engine compartment? Or do I need to keep it installed?
    I removed mine the first time I took the seat off (RXP-X). Stupid thing just held on with Zip Ties and sh!t. You can also remove the air silencer thingy that the hose attaches to on the bottom of the seat support (both are removed if you ever get a rear-air intake anyways). I also posted about it after the fact and the response from all was to remove it.

It's supposed to make the air flow all the way to the back of the ski before it exits the rear, but it really only does that when going quite fast. All of the rest of the time you've got an engine compartment full of hot air that has nowhere to go because the only exit from inside the hull is at floor level (because of the tubes in the front and back). I know that once I removed it all, I can now feel hot air coming from the back of my seat (while in a no-wake zone of course) which I could not before. That tells me that things are venting better, but that's just my opinion (someone else will chime in if they don't agree I'm sure).

-=Mike G.

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    I don't think it helps move air at all. The tubes (front and back) are snorkles in case you flip the ski. It traps the air and helps keep the ski afloat. Remove them, not needed.

Thread Information