Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Faster Than a Snail on a Log mongorunner's Avatar

i absolutely hate working on mechanical stuff

used to hate working on my sports cars, now i hate working on my seadoos... i can do simple add-ons and such but mechanical stuff just erks me, im horrible with it

i need a good Seadoo mechanic near by

/rant

Stop Obama Express
    Not that difficult to do mechanical work. Takes patience (ALOT OF IT when you work on Volvo's as I do), and simple know-how.

Take a breathe and dive deep for you have nothing to lose but respect when you let someone else do it for you.

thats why its taken me a year to get my XP800 back together... when it starts getting tough i quit, i don't have the patience anymore, never really have...

Stop Obama Express
    And you sir have found your weak point that is holding you back

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Some things aren't for everyone. I've always enjoyed it...when I'm in the mood. Making things go faster and run better is a great hobby for me.

Quote Originally Posted by 96XPSS View Post
    Some things aren't for everyone. I've always enjoyed it...when I'm in the mood. Making things go faster and run better is a great hobby for me.

Making things go faster is good...trying to make things go when they won't

You dont want to work on a SKI then you need to by a new one. If you take care of it then you can ride a long time before it needs repair and then Pay someone to fix it. An OLD SKi has verylittle redeaming value they are fun to ride but they break way more often and Parts and service is harder to find not to mention need for lots more of both... I have been both ways and newer is better if you want to Ride and not wrench.. IMHO

+1
    thats why i have two skis. And a RULE that i only work on one at time..must always have one ready to ride.

take an auto mechanics class at the local vocational school to show you the basics in tool handling and wrenching and you'll feel a lot better.

And...is it me or do the Doo's need more TLC and tinkering...I have had 4 Sea-Doos and two Kawasaki's...nothing but joy and bliss out of the Kawasakis...nothing but pain and piss out of two of the Sea-Doos, and the GTX hasn't been all shits n giggles either, and I wind up working on my neighbors GTi quite a bit too. My brother-in-laws Yammi FX is like the Kaws...only work we do on it is routine and mods. I have decided that after the GTX goes...I'm out of the "Sea-Doo" business

Quote Originally Posted by dav_dman View Post
    thats why i have two skis. And a RULE that i only work on one at time..must always have one ready to ride.

take an auto mechanics class at the local vocational school to show you the basics in tool handling and wrenching and you'll feel a lot better.

yea i make a point to keep the XPL on the trailer so i don't end up tinkering

i have general mechanical knowledge, its not that i don't know what im doing its just a PITA when i say im horrible with it, im talking like when i have to reach in there and can barely turn a bolt with my fingers then have to fit a wrench in there i just say "bleh ill do it tomorrow"

i have thought about purchasing new ones, but there is nothing like an X4 seadoo... even my XPL is a blast to ride, its such a different ride compaired to a GPR or a RXP ya know?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information