help modified 951

hey guys i have a 98 XPL i recentley put a coffmans exhaust with water injection on a miller head and a micro touch box. ski runs great here is my issue. i thought the micro touch box was bad sent me another box still wasnt reving out past 7200 rpms that is stock rev limiter. i have been back and fourth with him he says its my ski. anybody have any ideas could it be my ski. at this point he doesnt even know whats wrong with it. 2nd problem after i checked everything with him no my ski does nothing no beeps when you plug the lanyard in no power when you hit the start button nothing at all. my battery is showing 12.6 on my meter. checked fuses in mpem there good but i have no power at them. is there any other fuses anywhere or did my mpem just take a crap. please help with both of my problems i have ridden my ski twice this year and spent alot of time and money. so as you can see i went to bouncing off the rev limiter to being just dead. please help

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Coffmans are notorious for cracking internally and spraying excess water into the pipe, killing max rpms. I'd pull the headpipe and pressurize to confirm.

Check battery cables...a bad ground can give the same symptoms.

how would i go about pressurizing the pipe. Air? or water? its funny that you should say that cause i had to modify the stinger on the pipe cause it was cracked i wonder if the weld down there didnt hold up. but how would you prssurize it?

Rev limiter doesnt cause the engine to run higher RPM it will allow it if the ENGINE is capable or able to make the HP. It sounds like 96XPSS hit the nail right on the Head

+1
    You indicate that you are running 7200 RPM but what pump, prop & nozzle combination are you running? Many coffman pipe set up's are over propped, which will prevent you from reaching the rpm's that the coffman pipe run's best at.

Dan (drb)

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Quote Originally Posted by xpl951mc View Post
    how would i go about pressurizing the pipe. Air? or water? its funny that you should say that cause i had to modify the stinger on the pipe cause it was cracked i wonder if the weld down there didnt hold up. but how would you prssurize it?
    Take the pipe off and loop the two water in and out lines together. Install a tee, air gauge and air schrader. Pressurize up to 10 lbs and see if it holds pressure for at least 10 minutes.

The stinger section has no water in it, at least water jacketed.

i got everything off of my freind so whatever his prop was i used. his ski would rev out to atleast 7600 rpms. mine defaults to factory rev limiter. my micro touch rev limiter is set to 7750. even out of the water it shouldnt rev to 7200 rpms correct it should go to at least 7500. so i dont know. maybe my rave valves arent opening all the way. i just cant see my pipe being messed up even with no water running through it. so im still at a loss. i still need to test my pipe though

Thread Information