Ultra 250 Low Oil Level

I have an 08 Ultra 250 and did my first oil & filter change at 10hrs. I removed just over 5 qrts of oil. I put back in 4.5 qrts oil. At 45 hrs, 35hrs later changing oil and filter again, I only got out 2.5qrts of oil. I do run my ski quite hard, never topped up the oil level and I have a few mods listed on my signature. I also have no evidence of an oil leak and my spark plugs look normal. Jet ski is also running fine at 68.6gps. Is it normal to burn out 2 qrts in 35hrs of hard running? In future I will chech my oil level before every ride and top up accordingly..
    Last edited by JETSKI LOVER; 08-02-2008 at 09:23 AM.

Did you ever roll it over?

It is impairitive to check your oil before and after each ride. I know we all get complacent but these ski require alittle "maintance" to insure reliablity. 1.5 to 2 quarts low is very bad. There are many threads about oil level. Are you sure about quantities and levels?

David

My Jet Ski drinks more than yours Glenozzy's Avatar
    +1
    Good ol Kawi

you can not check your oil on an ultra 250, because of the rubber seal around the dip stick. pushes the oil out of the dip tube so it always looks low when it in fact is not.

the dealer gave me a second dip stick with the rubber removed.

BUT this should be a recall item $13k ski you can't check the oil on!

kawi here is a hint on how to fix this problem.

Have the dealer install a rubber cap on the oil dip stick tub. then remove the rubber seal on the dip stick and place the dip stick in the hull on a holder

I am thinking $5 dollars in parts
    Last edited by Glenozzy; 08-02-2008 at 10:07 AM.

"Did you ever roll it over?"

I have never rolled it and 2.5 is every drop of oil I sucked out of it using the required oil suction pump I bought from Riva. This also includes taking out the oil filter and sucking what ever oil was in it. As a precaution I checked the actual oil to see if I did any damage to the engine. Oil is fine, no particles and jet ski is working fine. I actually got a 69gps speed today and it is hot in Antigua. Trust me, from now on I will be checking my oil level very often and topping up as neccessary.
    I also have another concern. Quite often when I am doing a drag run with my other jet ski buddies as I hit the throttle from a stand still, the engine revs goes up as normal but within a second or two, drops right back down and goes back up and stays up.It only does it from a stand still full accelaration. It never does it if I am cruising and squeeze the throttle. Should I make a seperate post for this. I have tried doing a search, but not coming up with anything.
    Many thanks for any input you guys can give me.

+1
    This may be a stupid idea, but did you have your trailer tilted down? This lets you get all of the oil out.

Quote Originally Posted by erckawasaki View Post
    This may be a stupid idea, but did you have your trailer tilted down? This lets you get all of the oil out.
    Yep! i had the trailer down also. It was empty as when I put in the new filter, I put 4.5 qrts which brought it just below the full mark in the hot position as I ran the ski for a few minutes before checking it.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    I also have another concern. Quite often when I am doing a drag run with my other jet ski buddies as I hit the throttle from a stand still, the engine revs goes up as normal but within a second or two, drops right back down and goes back up and stays up.It only does it from a stand still full accelaration. It never does it if I am cruising and squeeze the throttle. Should I make a seperate post for this. I have tried doing a search, but not coming up with anything.
    Many thanks for any input you guys can give me.[/quote]

Sounds like a little cavitation.........

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra250 Tn View Post
    Many thanks for any input you guys can give me.
    Sounds like a little cavitation.........[/quote]

Sounds like cavatation to me new prop/pump and you'll be set

Thread Information