Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    BLACK MAGIC HEADERS hydrojunkie's Avatar
    +1

Please Post Your Gains From The Gibson

Would Love To Read Your Gains. Please Post Them. Thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hydrojunkie View Post
    Would Love To Read Your Gains. Please Post Them. Thanks
    I tested it yesterday on a day with great wind and it was very rough not able to use full throttle out in the ocean but the following were great.

Throttle responce was very much inproved hole shot orsom and also top end and pull through , Hard to tell if i gained any rpm.

One thing that i did find out was after the ski has sat bobing in the rough sea for a while it was best to crank for a few seconds under full throttle to clear out and then it would start up great.

I would like to thank Hydrojunkie for his help with the high temp alarm and drilling the pissers out ot 1/4 is the way to go .

In all a great product next will be the headers .

BLACK MAGIC HEADERS hydrojunkie's Avatar
    +1
    Duramaxxed Gained 200 Rpm's And Insane Acceleration On His Jet Boat. Hell Yea =d> =d> =d>

...Lighting The Water On Fire Since '04 duramaxxed's Avatar
    +1
    Just got back from testing.

Didn't have 1 leak or loose Clamp, bad Weld, nothing, everything is perfect.

Only mods done to the Boat are 3" Intake (using ALL of the factory tubes, has not been shortened), IXU27 Plugs, Solid Front Motor Mount, Gibson Exhaust.

With just me in the Boat, and 1 notch down from a Full Tank of Gas, I was dead-on at 8100rpm's. This thing pulls HARD down low now. It feels like I have a "low-end" prop on it. VERY Torquey now.

Sound is 100x quieter in the passenger area compared to taking out the Resonator and using the Stock outlet. You can actually have a conversation at low speeds if needed.

The Boat just wants to GO now. Should have came like this from the Factory.

Air Temp was 78 water temp was high 70's as well, low 80's in some spots.

Forgot the GPS at home (of course, DOH!) but for what it's worth, I was 68-70mph on the Stock Speedo, at WOT 8100rpm's.

I was at 7860rpm's BEFORE the addition of the Gibson. Now, JUST from adding the Gibson, I'm dead-on at 8100.

So that's 240rpm increase, just from the Gibson.

+1
    I ran the T-X with gibson at lewi yesterday. It was a blistering 102+ degrees. Last time I was there i was running 8,040 rpm. Yesterday i ran 8,060 rpm. Most skis there yesterday were 100 rpm or more off with extreme heat from earlier ride.
    So i gained 100 to 150 rpm with great acceleration.

I also saw about a 100 rpm here at my altitude at 2,600 ft with 5,600 RAD last weekend.

The acceleration is awesome improvement.

By the way i ran the sxxt out of the ski WOT for long periods with water shut off the entire time and never had any overheating issues. Got some nice comments on the sound.
    Last edited by skoepp; 08-03-2008 at 09:32 PM.

+1
    from the green box to this i only had a noise change, quieter and a completely different tone, you must run with the water valve on or the high temp light will come on, no speed or rpm change, throttle is comparable to the green box, just a bit quieter, green box is badass too though, both a good step up from stock or modified stock

...Lighting The Water On Fire Since '04 duramaxxed's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by seadoo02xp View Post
    from the green box to this i only had a noise change, quieter and a completely different tone, you must run with the water valve on or the high temp light will come on, no speed or rpm change, throttle is comparable to the green box, just a bit quieter, green box is badass too though, both a good step up from stock or modified stock
    Did you drill out the Pissers to 1/4"?

During my testing today, I ran my Boat for an Hour straight, in and out of WOT, had the Water shut off, and didn't get any alarms or lights.

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Added the Gibson and RE block offs and achieved 67.8 over my previous best GPS of 66.6. This was before I tried to achieve orbit yesterdey

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthAWM View Post
    Added the Gibson and RE block offs and achieved 67.8 over my previous best GPS of 66.6. This was before I tried to achieve orbit yesterdey
    I didnt know you were installing the Gibson. Sounds really nice dont you think.
    I bet your gps numbers are off cause of the heat wave we are having right now here in Texas. Werent your previous gps numbers in cooler weater. The 100 degree + heat this past weekend kills power.

I say that the gain in acceleration is so much more noted then the top end with the gibson. My ski was blistering fast from 0 to 40. There were alot of fast skis riding at lewi this weekend to compare to and my gain in acceleration was impresive. Has to be from mufler, grate, air intake, and prop. You can rule out the prop and grate as the x boats and other moded boats have the prop and riva grate.
    Last edited by skoepp; 08-04-2008 at 07:08 PM.

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    I didnt know you were installing the Gibson. Sounds really nice dont you think.
    I bet your gps numbers are off cause of the heat wave we are having right now here in Texas. Werent your previous gps numbers in cooler weater. The 100 degree + heat this past weekend kills power.

I say that the gain in acceleration is so much more noted then the top end with the gibson. My ski was blistering fast from 0 to 40. There were alot of fast skis there to compare to and my gain in acceleration has to be from mufler, grate, air intake, and prop. You can rule out the prop and grate as the x boats and other moded boats have the prop and riva grate.
    Yeah it sounds awesome, and acceleration is awesome. This mod is worth the price on the sound alone.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information