+1

Pictures from the long beach sprint nationals.

+1
    I grew up near there, would ride my stringray over to the stadium when we heard the top fuel boats running. Quite a treat for a 12 year old. How did u do?

+1
    I took 1st overall on saturday and 3rd overall on sunday. I had major problems with the gpr on sunday. I blew it sky high due to water ingestion. ADA head o ring went south flodded #3. You saw the pics of my piston on hydrotoys.com

+1
    her is a link to more pics that hydrotoys took.
    http://www.hydrotoys.com/lb2005/

and here is my race report

Day 1,

The anticipation of the days racing was overwhelming. The RXPs of jonny annick and Pat roake were very impressive. My pit was next to The infamous Mike folmers pit and it was very intimidating seeing his van and trailer his quad and his very purty 1300r sitting right next to my junker gp1200r. We waited what seemed forever for the boat guys to run their heats and finaly it was off to the ramp to drop the skis in. We lined up for our parade lap waving to the crowd. We headed around turn 2 and we got the green flag. As we launched folmer took a nice lead and I was in second annick in 3rd and roake in 4th. I followed Mike around the oval for 3 laps. Approaching turn 1 I saw mike heading out wide to sweep the bouy. I saw this as my opening and took it hard inside just barely clearing the bouy. At this point the power and speed of the tripple piped skull gpr shined. When we reached turn 2 I had a commanding lead that grew to almost a straight away bye the end of the race. I was extactic at the fact that I had just captured my first win ever and I silently thanked Mark Hahn for everything he had taught me and for being by my side and making sure I was safe at the end of the race. Going into the 10 lap main I knew I was gonna be in trouble. I knew that pipe wouldnt last the entire ten laps. So once again we lined up and got the green flag on a flying start and again folmer reached for the lead however at the first turn roake swept the corner and did a hard left hander tight to the bouy and grabbed the lead from folmer, so folmer is in second and I was caught sleeping and annick got ahead of me around the first bouy. I was splashed so hard from the wash off of annick ski it almost pushed me off the ski. So I found myself in 4th and needed to start hussling. I caught annick and passed him in turn 2. At this time folmer and roake had a commanding straight away lead. Well, I let the pipes take over and on lap 5 I passed folmer in the straight away. Now I had to deal with the huge lead that roake had built. Buy lap 6 I was on his "6" I mean I was 2 boat lengths back and gaining ground with plenty of laps left to take the win. Thats when the ski started missing badly. I knew the #3 pipe was cracked (turns out that this might not have been the cause of the missing) So I had a straihght away laed on folmer and there was no hope of catching roake. It was all I could do to do nurse the skull gpr accross the finish line and take second place in the main. After the race I was interviewed by the outdoor channel and on sunday morning Ross the promoter showed me the sunday paper with a nice write up on me and taking the saturday overall win. I was very proud and I wanted to take the rest of the races on sunday.

Day2:

Hydrotoys showed up with a new #3 pipe off of his ski( Talk about an unselfish guy, works all day saturday drives home removes the pipe drives to long beach ca from phoenix az and then helps to remove and replace a pipe. I am almost in tears just thinking that I actually have a friend well.. I consider Mark family really that would even consider doing this. How do I repay such a large debt to him?) So Folmer ditches the single pipe 1300r and shows up with a tripple piped gpr. He had had enough of me beating him and he wanted the win. So the 5 lap qualifier we launch and my ski starts to mis badly. I see roake and annick and folmer pull far ahead of me. I complete lap 1 and the ski is running terrible. 1/2 way threw lap 2 the ski clears and starts running like a raped ape. I see annick in my sights and roake also. I pass annick and roake has a mechanical problem. I now have 2 laps to catch folmer who has built a tremdous lead. I ran out of laps and folmer took the win. I can assuer you that given 2 more laps I could have caught him. Later on we lined up for the ten lap main and again we punched it. 1/2 way down the straight away the skull gpr dumped a ton of rpms and died. I restarted it and grabbed throttle it sprung out of the water only to die again going into turn 1. I restarted and headed for the trailer but it died again. I jumped off and swam it to the trailer. I was standing in the water looked over and saw my stxr sitting on the trailer. I asked mark and dave to prep the stxr so I could finish the race. I jumped on and off I went. Now this boat isnt much of a growing concern when it comes to speed 60 mph tops and it turns like the exxon valdez with no rudders but its all I had. I decided to superman it down the strait aways and see if I could get another .5 mph out of it. I dont think it worked at all but I had a great time doing it. On the last turn of the race annick and I battled it out in the corner It was awsome. We had inches between our boats and we both crossed the finish line at the same time.

I really need to thank Mark(hydro toys) for the back up and the fun and laughs we had.

I want to thank Ross wallach for having the PWCs included with his boats racers.

I really need to thank my sponsor Anchor Construction specialties for the fuel, entry fees, hotel room and bringing his entire family to the 2 day event. Roy THANK YOU.

I got to know Mike and jonny and pat very well this weekend and I found my pre judgement of these people was totally false. We had such a good time and these people will give you any help that they could offer. I wish Jonny annick all the best next week at the long beach to cat race.

My next race will be at lake ming in bakers field ca. I hope to silence all the non believers at this race.

+1
    GOOD JOB , AND GOOD FRIEND IN MARK

+1
    Hes one of the best guys I will ever know. However he shit when it comes to forums!

+1
    Laff it up, fuzzball!

Santa Monika, People's Republik of Kalifornia...
    +1
    Hey what's with that #77 steering?

Looks suspisciously normal to me...

+1

pics

Great pics

Thread Information