Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Aurora Ontario Canada
    Posts
    360
    +1
    6

    Sucking Water Riva Intake

    Hey guys quick question first weekend out playing here now with my rxp and riva intake. I keep playing jumping spins etc and all of a sudden my ski will start to run really rough and miss, and like its loading up. I give it a few blasts and it will slowly clean its self out and run normal again. Has anyone else experienced this and if so, is there a way to stop it as Im sure its not good for the SC to suck water. If that is the case.


  2. #2
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Ft.Lauderdale
    Posts
    3,237
    Quote Originally Posted by turbojamie View Post
    Hey guys quick question first weekend out playing here now with my rxp and riva intake. I keep playing jumping spins etc and all of a sudden my ski will start to run really rough and miss, and like its loading up. I give it a few blasts and it will slowly clean its self out and run normal again. Has anyone else experienced this and if so, is there a way to stop it as Im sure its not good for the SC to suck water. If that is the case.
    Yep, your sucking water.. With the riva rear you got to be careful playing, it's not the intake to play with or jump waves.
    You can try to run a 2" HVAC pre-filter cut to fit on top of Red Riva element, it will help deflect water!!

    Good luck

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Aurora Ontario Canada
    Posts
    360
    +1
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex13 View Post
    Yep, your sucking water.. With the riva rear you got to be careful playing, it's not the intake to play with or jump waves.
    You can try to run a 2" HVAC pre-filter cut to fit on top of Red Riva element, it will help deflect water!!

    Good luck

    Hey Alex thanks for the reply, I appreciate the feedback, however this is a front intake a 3" Riva intake.

  4. #4
    walkerRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    14
    depending on how hard you are jumping spinning, almost sounds like the Tip over sensor, which boggs the engine for a few sec when the ski is off angle.

  5. #5
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    Quote Originally Posted by turbojamie View Post
    Hey guys quick question first weekend out playing here now with my rxp and riva intake. I keep playing jumping spins etc and all of a sudden my ski will start to run really rough and miss, and like its loading up. I give it a few blasts and it will slowly clean its self out and run normal again. Has anyone else experienced this and if so, is there a way to stop it as Im sure its not good for the SC to suck water. If that is the case.
    You are not sucking water. That is your TOPS valve coming into play and doing it's job.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Gonzales, La
    Posts
    2,145
    +1
    9
    Jerry is right. Probably TOPS. The 3" front Riva setup is really good about not sucking in water.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    361
    If you have the large tube in front of the seat removed you will take water in there and it drops down to the front filter. Will do it after spins for sure.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Aurora Ontario Canada
    Posts
    360
    +1
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by NCRXP View Post
    If you have the large tube in front of the seat removed you will take water in there and it drops down to the front filter. Will do it after spins for sure.

    I do have the tube removed. And was doing spins and jumps etc... what happens is the Ski runs really rough like its going to stall, and will not pull above 6600 rpm feels like its on 2 cyl then give it a couple shots and were good to go. You guys feel thats the tops?

    Thanks again

    Jamie
    Last edited by turbojamie; 08-04-2008 at 04:13 PM.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    South Eastern Michigan
    Posts
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by turbojamie View Post
    feels like its on 3 cyl then give it a couple shots and were good to go
    LOL! 4-Techs are only 3 cylinders. Seriously though... my P-X does the same thing (as do many others it seems after doing some searching). I seriously thought the ski is/was screwed up, but everyone says it's normal. Feels like it's starving for fuel/air/spark? Runs really rough for about 5 seconds (maybe a couple more) after landing a jump? Giving it throttle makes it run even worse? Yeah, I believe that's TOPS kicking in.

    -=Mike G.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Aurora Ontario Canada
    Posts
    360
    +1
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey G. View Post
    LOL! 4-Techs are only 3 cylinders. Seriously though... my P-X does the same thing (as do many others it seems after doing some searching). I seriously thought the ski is/was screwed up, but everyone says it's normal. Feels like it's starving for fuel/air/spark? Runs really rough for about 5 seconds (maybe a couple more) after landing a jump? Giving it throttle makes it run even worse? Yeah, I believe that's TOPS kicking in.

    -=Mike G.

    Thanks Mike, just making sure as it did not do it before stage one I just wanted to make sure its a normal occurance.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. FS Gutted water box, Riva Intake, mint 05 bars
    By imp0ster in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-04-2013, 11:12 AM
  2. If I sucked water into my intake...
    By Laxcrazy23 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-11-2012, 07:21 PM
  3. will a 4 in intake suck water in?
    By Supercowcc in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-26-2010, 01:48 PM
  4. riva intake
    By CRAZEDRXP in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-12-2006, 11:23 AM
  5. Riva intake kit installation ?
    By brad2510 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-21-2006, 06:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •