Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help Smoke !!! W/ Extended Contract Help

WELL ,, I HAVE A O4 RXP W/ KNOX SENOR UPDATE AND I PURCHESED THE EXTENDED WARRENTY ( SEVICE CONTRACT ) NO WARRENTY .. FOR 650..00
    NOW I HAVE FULLY SERVICED MY SKI EVERY YEAR FOR THE 10 HR 25 HR 30 HR 48 HRS .. NOW IN 9-06 I HAD THE 48HS ON THE BOAT AND I HAD A BUD SYSTEM REPORT DONE ON MY SKI AT THAT TIME AND THERE WAS NO PROBLEMS.
    NOW I WINTERIZED EVERY YEAR ( I LIVE IN CALIFORINA HOW COLD DOE'S IT GET LOL .
    NO ITS 7-1-08 I TOOK MY SKI TO LAKE HAVASU THIS WEEK END .
    I ROAD ABOUT 3 HR FRI 3 HR SAT 20 SUN
    SUN MY SKI WAS RUNNIG GOOD I WAS ON GLASS CRUSING ABOUT 50 AT 6000 RPM WHEN ALL OF A SUDDEN .. MY RPM S DROPED TO 5000 FOR ABOUT 5 SEC'S THEN WENT BACK TO NORMAL ..
    A COUPLE MIN 'S LATER I WAS IDLING AND I NOTICE A LOT OF
    SMOKE FROM THE EXHUST WHITE AND SMELLING LIKE OIL .. SO I CAME TO SHORE.. LOADED MY BOAT AND CAME HOME ..

I STARTED MY SKI AND WOW SMOKE SMOKE AND MORE SMOKE AT A IDLE
    BUT IT STILL RIVES FINE . SO I PULLED THE PLUGS .. THE MIDDLE ONE WAS COVERD IN CLEAN OIL .. THE OUT SIDE ONES WERE FINE.
    THIS WAS WITH 50.0 HRS ON BOAT 7-1-08
    SO I DID ACOMPRESION TEST ON THE CYCLINDERS .
    1# 115
    2# 110
    3# 145

DOES ANYBODY NOW HOW MUCH COMPRESION MY SKI SHOULD HAVE NEW
    OR AFTER ITS BROKE IN .... I HAD A BUD DIGNOSE ON 9-06 STATING
    THIS WAS AT 48.22 HR ON MY BOAT.AND THE COMPRESION WAS AS FOLLOW:
    1# 125
    2# 130
    3# 145

NOW HERE'S WERE IT GETS GOOD .. I HAVE THE WESTER SERVICE EXTENDED CONTRACT :
    ITS GOOD TELL 09
    NOW THEY OR TELLING ME THAT ITS NOT COVERD BECAUSE OF
    LOW COMPRESION OCCURRING FROM A GRADUAL REDUCTION IN OPERATING PERFORANCE DUE TO WARE AND TEAR AND THE CONTRACT DOES NOT COVER NORMAT WARE AND TEAR.. WTF

DOES THAT SOUND RIGHT ... I BOUGHT THE EXTENDED CONTRACT SO I WOULD FELL SAFE IF SOMETHING LIKE THIS HAPPEND . NOW I FEEL LIKE
    I BEEN RIPPED OFF TWICE ..
    1ST BUYING A SKI FOR 12500 AND THE EXTENDED WARRENTY 650 ..
    WHAT SHOULD I DO ...

Kiwi spanner handler
    +1
    you would be hard to find an engineer who will say its normal for a motor of any kind to be worn out at 50 hrs!

Well Update:

WELL AFTER TAKING ALL THE INTAKE HOSES OF , CLEANING IT UP .. WARMING IT UP ,, COMPRESION TESTING ..
    I PUT THE COMPRESION TESTER ON THE !#1 AND STARTED IT ,, IT STARTED AND WENT TO 90 POUNDS IN 3-4 SECS ..
    SO I DID THIS TO THE #2 AND STARTED IT AND IT WENT TO 90 PSI
    WOW THATS WAS MY BAD ONE ,, THAT WAS FULL OF OIL YESTERDAY . SO
    I DID THIS TO THE #3 COMPRESION WAS 90 PSI
    SO AFTER I PUT IT ALL BACK TO GATHER

I STARTED IT AND ITS RUNNING FINE OUT OF THE WATER .. WITH WATER RUNNING THOUGH IT .. HOOD OFF.. FOR THREE 5 MIN TURNS.

HA .. THINKS ITS OK ... WHAT SHOULD I DO .. NOW

+1
    You dont start it to do a compression check. You do want to warm it up first though. You want to check your compression by cranking while holding the throttle wide open. It will not start this way. Your compression should be close to 130lb.

overfilled

sounds like it could be overfilled with oil .......

please tell us that you have replaced the s/c washers with metal ones....

OK

Thanks for the help .. i need all i can get .. So
    last week i went out for a three day spin and on the third day
    it was quite empty lake .. glass for a far a the eye could see so i openerd up and while crusing like i always do ,one hand on my beer and the one on the wheel ./.lol

when i was crusing from 7800 rpms at 90 deg temp ext 85 deg water 20 min of crusing when for no reason my ski went lost 800 rpms for 5 sec's then went back to normal .. when i slowed down to an idle ..
    my ski started smoking ..wow couldnt see nothing ,, i looked like a gaint white cloud on the lake .. no kidding .. you could'nt see had to coast to shore it was so bad .. cam a flasss

back to the problem ..
    so i came home and took out the plugs .. thats when i notice the oil in the middle one a good teaspoon on the plug.. but the other two where fine..
    my ski ran fine but was smoking when it was idleng
    .o ya .. did the metal washer in o5 .. when they rev limited my ski with that know sensor bull hit but thats another learnign experinse .... about updates to your ski from, (the bend you over !!!) bud system \comp..
    and this when the dealer did the oil change at 25 hr s and put way to much oil in my ski .. so i smoke for 10 hrs tell i had it serviced agian ..
    remember it was costing my at least 375 each time it was serviced ..
    the only time i got a bud report was when in 7 2006 . for my 35 hr check up the report stated: in writing that i got here ..

remember this is now 6-2008 ..
    at the time of the 35 hr service .. this is on the computer print out as the tech states..
    the previous tech in 2006 that changed the oil .. filed it up to much cause fault codes to high oil generated .. and the knock sensor update was done inproperly .. just the bud system was update not the pig tall .. part ..
    so for 13 hrs of riding .. think my ski is not running right .. but i was broke..\
    finial in 2008 july .. i take it in and that what the report says.

so ,, before i went each day i checked my oil level in the water after it was warm .. i was right in the middle perfect , a little dirty .. but good .. had it serviced at long beach motor sports in califorina ..
    so i think it fine now ha ..
    dont know ,, so many different reading ..
    so how oil got into the cyclender maybe my gas was tamperd with .. dont know .. but the stuff is tricky..
    the extended contract ( warrenty i thought piece of mind ) what a bunch of crap that turned out to be..
    when they found out about my ski .. man ,,they made up every ecuse
    why they are not lieyable ... make sure you read all the fine print on anything you sign .. i didnt even know it had a back side for all of things it doest cover on you warrenty ..
    it covers rings pistions .. interil parts.. but not normal wear and tear ..
    can you say extend ...
    so if my ski had say
    compresion 145 110 145 in 2006 with 48 hrs at this time...all the hourly services needed where done by the same dealer. ..
    and now its 2008 with 50.0 hrs at this time and my compresion is
    120 110 140 and smoking bad.. does this show sea doo's qualified technicns to be the cause my malfunchtion .
    to much oil for 13 hr s of riding and
    the knock sensor install wrong and 13 hr of riding..
    it sure seams like right after they fixed all there mess ups .. my ski 2 hrs
    of riding later .. i lost all kinds off compresion .. and smokes for no reason .. i think they should be liebul for there mistakes.. my ski should be the same compression as the frist 48 hrs...

how long should a well kepted ski last with no major repairs . 50 hrs 100 hr 500 hr .. right now i am paying a 300 dollars and hrs for enjoying my ski. befor the cost of repairs. if the western corp ins dont cover this .

get this
    my was serviced only servied by l.b.m.s. as mention above .
    48 hrs the ski had ond it .. at that time is was sept-2006
    on the report, it say's about there own techichn

in aug 2005 the previous tech did service up date for the knock sensor wrong.. this when i had 25 hrs on my ski ... mf....
    so in sept of 2006 18 hrs of the slowest ski on the river .. later ..
    the report says it had oil level to high .and the knock sensor pigtale was never install . after this my ski sat in my garage for 14 months .. and it was winterized .. so after that it took 2.5 hrs to loose all that compression

natura ware and tare.. i dont think so .. maybe if i did nothing to maintane services needed and never flused it . and if i road it in salt water .. which i dont .. ever.. never have and never will ,, lol .. ok i am tierd

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    I guess you never took any writing classes? That last rant has left me clueless. Did you have to pay for the knock sensor update? That was a warranty issue and covered by BRP.

Notice how I am using sentences with nouns and verbs in them? I am also capitalizing the correct letters and using punctuation when needed. Sentence fragments make my head hurt.

+1
    Yea, me too!

Now just give us facts, skip all the other stuff.

You said is smokes, white smoke or blue smoke (White=water, blue=oil)
    Compression is only 110 or 90 on #2? Compression test done as outlined, remove all 3 plugs, hold throttle at WOT and crank (you do not start it)

If you get a low reading on #2, remove the compression tester, add a teaspoon of oil in #2 cylinder, crank the engine (at wot to prevent start) for a few seconds. Then reconnect the commpression tester. If the compression goes up 10 to 15 psi then the problem is rings, if it does not go up then its valves, or head gasket.

I think you were saying you had oil around the spark plug, not in the cylinder, thats a leakyseal between the valve cover and the plug tube. That can cause a miss but not low compression.

Is your coolant level where it should be? Is it normal color? If it's low, could be a blown head gasket on #2 causing your low readings and smoke.
    Last edited by SplishSplash; 08-03-2008 at 06:39 AM.

wow

wow....i thought some of my posts were hard to read, but after reading this i may start teaching english........

+1
    the short and sweet is your compression is fkd and you did all the services and have the receipts to prove it. Send an email to western and follow up with a phone call and tell them to fix or you are taking them to small claims for the california limit of 3000 dollars right after you contact the BBB and the Cali secty of state to determine who their agent of record is. Tell them you will not have to pay an atty that way , however being a corporation they WILL ..for 250 an hour they may wish to reconsider their position and they have 24hrs to contact you before you file and then it's too late you will go all the way with it.

I have always won with this approach. Even had my credit record cleared up with it.

have ur g/f write the email or use spelling and grammer check.
    Give those insurance fkers what they deserve.
    good luck.
    Last edited by dav_dman; 08-03-2008 at 01:03 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information