Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 05 rxp problem

05 rxp problem

Hi, was out on water today rpm's maxed out at 5450-5500 and top speed approx. 40 mph. Acceleration was a little slow too. Recenty got serviced at dealer washer swap in SC (ceramics were still intact), spark plugs changed and exhaust hose was changed. I hooked machine up to a hose and hit 8000 rpm. Any ideas. Thanks

+1
    I assume you are using the yellow key? If so then i would pull out the charger and check washers and slip moment to start with.

Had the washers swapped in SC last week. So shouldn't the slip moment be fine if dealer just did the rebuild.

+1
    Thats your first mistake. Trusting a dealer. It would still pay to pull it out and check.

Do you think it can be wear ring and or impeller? Do these problems cause a drop that low in speed and rpm's?

A worn wear ring or impeller would not cause that much of a drop in rpm/speed unless there was something wrapped around the shaft - then you would have extreme vibration too. Have you checked your plugs?... Ron

I'm assuming you mean spark plugs, they were changed along with washers in SC. I already had an argument with dealership. They charged me 800 dollars to change spark plugs, take apart and rebuild SC with metal washers (which I supplied) and they also changed an exhaust hose (25$ for part). They told me they tested it and everything was running fine. I dont want to back to dealer.

Can someone please help? When a SC is being rebuilt, if ceramics were still intact does that mean that slip moment and cluth is still good.

Wow, $800 for plugs, labor to change your washers, and exhaust hose. I sure makes Jerry's price look good... Ron

Quote Originally Posted by junglist519 View Post
    I'm assuming you mean spark plugs, they were changed along with washers in SC. I already had an argument with dealership. They charged me 800 dollars to change spark plugs, take apart and rebuild SC with metal washers (which I supplied) and they also changed an exhaust hose (25$ for part). They told me they tested it and everything was running fine. I dont want to back to dealer.

Can someone please help? When a SC is being rebuilt, if ceramics were still intact does that mean that slip moment and cluth is still good.

Dude... if you really payed that much money to have that little amount of work done.... I got nothing. That is something for the record books.

Check your SC... your sx's are pretty classic. And these guys aren't joking when they say that trusting a dealer is not always safe. Did the dealer supply you back with your old washers??? Did they prove in any way to you that they actually changed them?? Did they sound like they knew what they were talking about when you brought them the ski to do the work??? Pull your SC and check em....

When I first took machine to dealer, I assume it was the SC so I bought a kit and gave it to them. When I told them I wanted oil pumps and oil screens checked for debris and engine cleaned out they replied by saying that usually isn't necessary and an engine flush is fine. After the SC was pulled and took apart the technician called me and told me ceramics were still intact bearings and shaft were also still good. So I asked him to check to see if anthing else is wrong and to swap the washers. They did give me back ceramics. He called back and told me that there was a split in exhaust hose and it needed to be replaced. I'm looking at my bill right now. These ppl charged me 7.5 hrs labour.
    The 800 dollars also included a new teather dess w/ programming(100). Is 700 still to much for labour, hose and plugs? Can I check SC by pulling back the one hose and check to see if impeller spins freely? Or should I pull out the whole thing and open it up? Thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information