Kawasaki 1100 ZXI Porposing Help

My 1100zxi porposes bad. I also noticed that when riding slowly it seems the water rolls over the far back side of the ski. I've had an old 750ss before and it didn't do that.

Is it normal for the rear of the 1100zxi to ride that low in the rear? and could this be leading to my porposing problem?

I met a guy this weekend at the lake who has a zxi 900, 95 model. I asked him about the porpoising and he said that it use to be real bad, then he installed the R & D extended ride plate. He said it rides smooth as butter now, can still go out and jump wakes, loves it. Just thought you might want his 2 cents worth?

I have a 95 zxi 750 that purpoises real bad my self. The wife said to get the ride plate and see what happens (its the ski that she rides and she hates it). So, I am going to give this a try? Good luck on your end and I'll let you know what happens here.

I beleave the ride plate will help you. Like I said before, when I talked to RD-Performance about the plates, he told me that 97 and down zxi models have a shorter ride plate and the 98 and up models have the updated plate which he said Kawasaki copied there plate.

I'm sure it will help you

yankee817299, welcome to the Green Hulk!!

There has also been some discussion on this subject in the following thread.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=68290

Just thought you might like to check it out too.

Let us know if you get the plate and how well it works.

Thanks for the welcome axgrider73. I'm new to jet ski's, just bought my first one in May of this year, now have 3 and enjoy every minute on them. I have been looking for this new updated ride plate for the zxi and am hesitant in buying it because I'm not sure if it is the correct one. Where would be a good place to purchase? Also I am thinking of getting a modified intake grate for the zxi. What should I be looking for in this area? And while I'm at it, a stupid question has been lurking around my mind while looking through the different threads on the forum. What would you be talking about when you say "hook-up"? Is this the same as a hole shot? Or is it just a good grate keeping the ski sucking water and not air?

Quote Originally Posted by yankee817299 View Post
    What would you be talking about when you say "hook-up"? Is this the same as a hole shot? Or is it just a good grate keeping the ski sucking water and not air?
    Yes, Hook-up refers to a grates ability to keep the pump loaded with water.

I grate that provides better hook up will typically cost you some top end speed.

Thread Information