Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Two Questions On The SHO...

1. Does The SHO have the same problems of the Kawa Ultra 250? Specifically the oil issue, or anything similar?

2. Can the SHO be made to handle the ocean (for comfort & cruising at 30-35 mph-not racing) ALMOST as well as the Ultra with nose down trim and some nose ballast (like 20 lbs of gear)?

Thanks-

Banned User
    +1

sho

well , i only had my sho for a short period . i can say its the best jet ski i have ever owned and its equal or better then the kawaski and no oil issues

+1
    Miami dave . . i hope this answers your questions . . .
    oil problem . . . i have close to 40 hours on my ski . . no a single problem!!!

as for riding . . i rode from fort myers to marco island with a buddy (male) and we cruised those speeds comfortable and also went on to race a few skis and beat them!!! (obviously the gulf isn't as bad as the atlantic . . but it was a pretty bad day (windy choppy)) so i don't think you will have a problem

ALSO THE KAWI does use more gas then the SHO!!! (btw i did the trip on one tank of fuel )

+1
    I rode a new SHO last weekend in the ocean it is meant for water like this IMO. Compared to the 250X handling wise it outperforms it hands down. As far as maintenance issues I have not seen any trends, only time will tell.

Wow, I'm getting pretty jazzed for the SHO...I just got into this game a few days ago, looking at a brand new '08 Kawa 250 Ultra (red, which is drop dead in person) for $9100-which is an incredible price, but the whole oil thing has me completely turned off, even with some of the fixes.

The SHO Cruiser appeals greatly to me, for it's ergo features (cruise, no wake, fuel burn, fuel economy, trim, reverse) and modding potential (I'm a modaholic ) have me sold-but will it be worth the extra $2-2500 (and in not so attractive colors IMHO)?

+1
    TRUST ME THE MONEY IS WORTH IT!!!! . . my ex g/f has the 250x . . it's in the shop more than she can ride it !!!! . . .well i dunno about the 08 model but her 07 sure loves to go to the shop . . .

Banned User
    +1

sho

i just started modding mine and there alot left for power, went with my friend off shore and he had a gpr 1300 and there is no comparison the way the sho handlles ,verus the gpr. its smooth vs jumping out of control

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiDave View Post
    Wow, I'm getting pretty jazzed for the SHO...I just got into this game a few days ago, looking at a brand new '08 Kawa 250 Ultra (red, which is drop dead in person) for $9100-which is an incredible price, but the whole oil thing has me completely turned off, even with some of the fixes.

The SHO Cruiser appeals greatly to me, for it's ergo features (cruise, no wake, fuel burn, fuel economy, trim, reverse) and modding potential (I'm a modaholic ) have me sold-but will it be worth the extra $2-2500 (and in not so attractive colors IMHO)?
    get the blue...its faster!!!.....and throw a GPS on it....done!!!

good part of this one starts at 33 sec.......ull see how the SHO handles the ruff

double-click em to see em in high-def
    Last edited by Rip'nTear SHO; 08-03-2008 at 01:33 PM.

+1
    I sent you PM...
    Last edited by Flash; 08-03-2008 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Kawi wouldn't like what I had to say!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 02gpR View Post
    TRUST ME THE MONEY IS WORTH IT!!!! . . my ex g/f has the 250x . . it's in the shop more than she can ride it !!!! . . .well i dunno about the 08 model but her 07 sure loves to go to the shop . . .

You got that right bro! Especially the 07's..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information