96 xp pulls hard to right

i just bought a 96 xp runs great,but trim does not work. i set the nozzle to what looks like a nose slightly up attitude by eye. any ideas? do these skis pull to the right at certain trim angles? let me know thanks.

Stop Obama Express
    Maybe your alignment is off... check the toe.

HAHAHA

Ok on a serious side note, my never pulls a certain direction with the nozzle up or down.

96 xp stroked, coffmans pipe, r&d 61.8mph gps! merfturtle's Avatar
    If your trim is too far down you can get some bow steer. Are both your rear mounted tabs in place? If one side comes loose you can get a pulling problem.

trim tabs are ok. this xp pulls harder as i go faster. it also turns faster to the right. at full speed i am having to counter steer to keep staight. popping off little waves it goes right. this xp is almost scary to ride for being the speed it is. let me know if you have any ideas.

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Quote Originally Posted by bazemore View Post
    trim tabs are ok. this xp pulls harder as i go faster. it also turns faster to the right. at full speed i am having to counter steer to keep staight. popping off little waves it goes right. this xp is almost scary to ride for being the speed it is. let me know if you have any ideas.
    What do you mean by "they are ok?" The boat will hook in the direction the trim tab is loose on. I'm not talking about the screws here. In your instance, the right tab is loose (silicone holding it) on the leading edge. The silicone is no longer holding it in place, and when you get going fast the water pulls it down and hooks the hull right. Get a good light and inspect it closely, then push up against it with your finger. You can see where the silicone is separated from the tab if looking closely at it.

Remove the tab, clean off all the old sealer, and reseal to correct. You have to let it sit up a couple days for the silicone to set properly before riding.

Quote Originally Posted by 96XPSS View Post
    What do you mean by "they are ok?" The boat will hook in the direction the trim tab is loose on. I'm not talking about the screws here. In your instance, the right tab is loose (silicone holding it) on the leading edge. The silicone is no longer holding it in place, and when you get going fast the water pulls it down and hooks the hull right. Get a good light and inspect it closely, then push up against it with your finger. You can see where the silicone is separated from the tab if looking closely at it.

Remove the tab, clean off all the old sealer, and reseal to correct. You have to let it sit up a couple days for the silicone to set properly before riding.

that sounds like that could be the problem i will check it in the morning and let you know. thnks

Checkk the intake grate if its bent or loose the boat will pull to one side.

did a quick check this morning and the right tab is loose. i am thinking that should be my problem. thanks for the help

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Quote Originally Posted by bazemore View Post
    did a quick check this morning and the right tab is loose. i am thinking that should be my problem. thanks for the help
    Good deal! Let us know how she handles when you get it fixed. Is Lanier still low?

xp ride straight now. it was the right tab. lanier is very low. lucky for me my dock sits in very deep water.

Thread Information