Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    lake lanier GA
    Posts
    14

    96 xp pulls hard to right

    i just bought a 96 xp runs great,but trim does not work. i set the nozzle to what looks like a nose slightly up attitude by eye. any ideas? do these skis pull to the right at certain trim angles? let me know thanks.


  2. #2
    Stop Obama Express
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    256
    Maybe your alignment is off... check the toe.


    HAHAHA

    Ok on a serious side note, my never pulls a certain direction with the nozzle up or down.

  3. #3
    96 xp stroked, coffmans pipe, r&d 61.8mph gps! merfturtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    76
    If your trim is too far down you can get some bow steer. Are both your rear mounted tabs in place? If one side comes loose you can get a pulling problem.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    lake lanier GA
    Posts
    14
    trim tabs are ok. this xp pulls harder as i go faster. it also turns faster to the right. at full speed i am having to counter steer to keep staight. popping off little waves it goes right. this xp is almost scary to ride for being the speed it is. let me know if you have any ideas.

  5. #5
    96XPSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Posts
    4,361
    Quote Originally Posted by bazemore View Post
    trim tabs are ok. this xp pulls harder as i go faster. it also turns faster to the right. at full speed i am having to counter steer to keep staight. popping off little waves it goes right. this xp is almost scary to ride for being the speed it is. let me know if you have any ideas.
    What do you mean by "they are ok?" The boat will hook in the direction the trim tab is loose on. I'm not talking about the screws here. In your instance, the right tab is loose (silicone holding it) on the leading edge. The silicone is no longer holding it in place, and when you get going fast the water pulls it down and hooks the hull right. Get a good light and inspect it closely, then push up against it with your finger. You can see where the silicone is separated from the tab if looking closely at it.

    Remove the tab, clean off all the old sealer, and reseal to correct. You have to let it sit up a couple days for the silicone to set properly before riding.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    lake lanier GA
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by 96XPSS View Post
    What do you mean by "they are ok?" The boat will hook in the direction the trim tab is loose on. I'm not talking about the screws here. In your instance, the right tab is loose (silicone holding it) on the leading edge. The silicone is no longer holding it in place, and when you get going fast the water pulls it down and hooks the hull right. Get a good light and inspect it closely, then push up against it with your finger. You can see where the silicone is separated from the tab if looking closely at it.

    Remove the tab, clean off all the old sealer, and reseal to correct. You have to let it sit up a couple days for the silicone to set properly before riding.

    that sounds like that could be the problem i will check it in the morning and let you know. thnks

  7. #7
    PEST!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Rockledge Florida
    Posts
    768
    Checkk the intake grate if its bent or loose the boat will pull to one side.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    lake lanier GA
    Posts
    14
    did a quick check this morning and the right tab is loose. i am thinking that should be my problem. thanks for the help

  9. #9
    96XPSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Posts
    4,361
    Quote Originally Posted by bazemore View Post
    did a quick check this morning and the right tab is loose. i am thinking that should be my problem. thanks for the help
    Good deal! Let us know how she handles when you get it fixed. Is Lanier still low?

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    lake lanier GA
    Posts
    14
    xp ride straight now. it was the right tab. lanier is very low. lucky for me my dock sits in very deep water.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 96 gtx 787, hard to start when cold...
    By Alex3012red in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-02-2013, 09:02 AM
  2. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-17-2012, 09:19 AM
  3. 2010 rxpx pulls hard to the right
    By OB-DOO in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-13-2012, 07:06 AM
  4. GP1200 tracks hard to right sometimes
    By joeboatertx in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-14-2010, 01:58 PM
  5. 03 XP DI hard to start
    By aha in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-17-2010, 11:15 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •