hi all more noob questions

hi folks much appreciated for your help last week. Having fun on the so's

2 small questions

1 for me. My wife flipped hers and when we got it back to shore we uprighted it and pumped out the water. It wasn't a lot. Maybe 3/4 " up the battery. It started up again no problem. Should I do anything else?

2nd is for the neighbor. He's got a 95 so that won't go wot his mfd doesn't show any errors. Is there a reset that can be done to get it out of what I would imagine is limp mode?

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by jazgeek View Post

2 small questions

1 for me. My wife flipped hers and when we got it back to shore we uprighted it and pumped out the water. It wasn't a lot. Maybe 3/4 " up the battery. It started up again no problem. Should I do anything else?

2nd is for the neighbor. He's got a 95 so that won't go wot his mfd doesn't show any errors. Is there a reset that can be done to get it out of what I would imagine is limp mode?

Thanks in advance
    After if flipped you should have taken out the plugs and cranked to make sure you didnt take any water into the engine. However, if it started and u used it for a while after it happened I'd assume all is good.

As far as the limp mode, I know that there is a wire you can cut to bypass limp mode, but im sure a more expiranced member can give you more detail on this.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jazgeek View Post

2 small questions

Pulling the plugs and pumping out water is the most important thing.
    Nect ruynning it to get the engine hot and remove anyu condensation that might be in the engine. Sounds like the Polaris star was upon you and all worked out well.

If it doesn't show any levels are low or it has an overheat condition, I'd be looking at a possible fuel issue first. How do the plugs and/or piston wash look?

Thanks in advance

Thread Information