Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Pwc Tickets

+1

Question Pwc Tickets

Just wondering on how many if any tickets have you guys gotten?
    i got my first today for jumping boat wakes...such BS
    93$

+1
    You got a ticket for jumping boat wakes and calling BS ?

+1
    Seriously i never knew it was illegal..I was passing the boat heading about a 45 degree towards him into his wake to get on the smooth water and cop saw it..Boats do it all the time....I WAS PASSING HIM..i dont get it? Maybe i should of slowed to 15mph? Thats why im callin BS

I got a ticket for fishing off the back of mine with out a fishing license
    My parents dont know yet though...

I have never gotten a ticket, but I have been stopped a million times to make sure I have my proper things on board. You had to do something wrong to get a ticket, or hell who knows maybe you caught him on a bad day. Some riders screw it up for everybody and give us a bad name. Also bron1c do you fish off of yours all the time? How is it, I have thought about it but felt kind of stupid

My girlfriend's baby shower was today so some of the guys went to the lake. We were tubing, and I was driving. The lake was pretty full. Of course there were you typical jerk pwcers cutting in front of boats, and some boats going the wrong way. As we were going towards what turned out to be the busy end of the lake, I cut through two boats 100 ft apart who were just stopped in the "race track" of the lake. I was going maybe twenty. The cop stopped me and told me it was busy and I was tubing, I agreed it was busy. Then he told me to not cut through the boats, I reminded him it was busy , I was going slow and asked for his suggested path. He started laughing like I was a jerk. He told me to go on the outside. I said "Closer to the shore than I already am? Are you looking to give me a suggestion for you to write me a ticket later?" He shook his head. We stopped tubing until it slowed down though, didn't want any problems. (water tickets are misdeamenors here) He just signaled us out since we were the only people tubing behind a ski.

All good though, beautiful day.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea-Yaa View Post
    Seriously i never knew it was illegal..I was passing the boat heading about a 45 degree towards him into his wake to get on the smooth water and cop saw it..Boats do it all the time....I WAS PASSING HIM..i dont get it? Maybe i should of slowed to 15mph? Thats why im callin BS
    It's Ilegal to jump off boats wakes. In california, your suppose to stay 100ft away from the rear of a boat. the best way to pass a boat is to stay along his side where he can see you and you can make the safe pass...........Darn, Did I sounded like Shawn A? well, did you pass the boat and did a tripple endow on that boat's wake? Ya know what youre doing

Quote Originally Posted by bron1c View Post
    I got a ticket for fishing off the back of mine with out a fishing license
    My parents dont know yet though...
    That means you caught something .....right? If not......you got screwed......evidence? No fish, no ticket?

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    0 tickets....I run for it! The lake patrol cops on my lake are 18year old kids doing summer work. plus they have nasty little tri-hulls with a 50-75 horse outboard. i think they ony go 35. If i haul enough azz i have enough time to make it to the other end of the lake, dock, back my trailer in, load up, and drive off then when im pulling up and out of the park then the "cop"(kid in lake patrol uniform") comes crusing in and im long gone!

2000 pro 785 (son's) 1998 pro 785 (dads) old guy in mich's Avatar
    dont know location, but in michigan: pole in water/no license= ticket. plus if they want to hard they can confiscate equipment until fine paid (court) including vehicle and gear. only seen this done by dnr(state) not county guys.
    weve got the 150 ft rule too.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information