+1

Question ethenol sludge build up in fuel tanks

I noticed today I recieved more build up in my fuel tank from not riding in just two weeks...I know the startron starbrite is the best to run as a tank cleaner and fuel stabilizer..I havent personally tried it yet though.

Wondering what everyone is doing about this build up if you have it?

Smile

First off you need to buy fuel from large big turn over stations, fuel goes bad in less than 3 months ,I dont use anything except stabil or lucas for fuel injected engines,ethanol doesnt cause sludge but it lets the water in the air mix with fuel,it pulls moisture out of air,causing orange looking fine particles to be visible in fuel.solution run only fresh clean fuel and only fill up on your way to ride leave tank low when not riding, watch the additives seafoam will destroy your fuel lines especially grey seadoo fuel lines!!!hope this helps >Marvin

+1
    that helps..but when u say large turn over gas station, what you mean is that they sell alot of fuel??? so they are always putting fresh in there holding tanks?

Smile

yes newer high volume stations usually have fresher fuel than a remote mom and pop store. some swear by different brands , i use valero as there is a large station on hiway and lake so you get fresh fuel at marina part also. these marinas on lakes that keep fuel all winter are the biggest destroyers of carb kits , as they many times add bulk additives that just dont agree with mikuni carbs.i shouldnt be complaining they keep me in buisness....>marvin

Thread Information