Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

SUCKMYWAKE AND THE EXPLODING ENGINE

WAS OUT WITH J-ME TODAY. WAS GRUDGE RACING AGAINST JUMPER WITH MY 00 STAGE II 1200R. COULD BEAT HIM OUT OF THE HOLE FOR ABOUT 3-4 SKI LENGTHS( J-ME ONLY WEIGHS ABOUT 140-150 AND JUMPER WANTS TO GO VERTICAL) THEN HE WOULD CATCH ME, PASS ME AND STAY JUST AHEAD OF ME. I'M THINKING WHATS GOING ON, I SHOULD BE SPANKING HIM. I WAS TURNING ABOUT 6900 ON THE TINY. SO I TURNED HIGHS IN FROM 1 1/2 TO 1 1/4 AND GAINED ABOUT 30-40 MORE RPMS. WAS HITTING 83 ON THE DREAMO WHERE I HAD BEEN ABOUT 77-78. SO WE ARE HEADING BACK IN AND ALL OF A SUDDEN IT FEELS LIKE I GOT A CLOGGED INTAKE. I CHECK IT OUT, NOTHING. SO I START IT BACK UP AND IT SOUNDS HORRIBLE FEELS LIKE THE MOTOR IS COMING APART. I PULL THE SEAT AND WATER IS FILLING THE HULL. THIS TIME I'M READY, I HIT THE SWITCH FOR THE BILGE PUMP AND ITS JUST COMING OUT LIKE A FIRE HOSE. THE MOTOR IS KNOCKING AND BARELY RUNNING, BUT IT IS VERY VERY ROUGH OUT THERE, ABOUT 3-4 FOOT CHOP/SWELLS. SO I START TO LIMP IT BACK TO THE DOCK AND IT SEEMS TO BREAK FREE OF WHATEVER WAS HOLDING IT BACK, THIS IS AFTER A VERY LOUD BOOM. THEN IT IS MOVING ALONG AT ABOUT HALF THROTTLE MAYBE 10-15 MPH. ANYWAY WE GET BACK IN NEAR THE DOCK, I TAKE THE STORAGE BUCKET OUT AND SMOKE STARTS TO BILLOW OUT, I LIFT THE SEAT, SAME THING. SMOKING LIKE A CRACK PIPE. GET BACK IN TO THE RAMP, PULL SEAT AND THERE LAYING ON TOP OF THE MOTOR MOUNT IS PART OF THE CRANK, PISTON, CONNECTING ROD, AND CASE HALF. WATER IS POURING OUT OF THE SIDE OF THE LOWER HALF. SO AFTER ABOUT A GRAND THIS SEASON, (NEW 13/20 SETBACK, NEW SPLASHGUARD, NEW IMPELLER HOUSING ,NEW RIVA COVER, NEW DELUXE RIVA BILGE PUMP KIT, ETC) THE SKI HAS NEARLY SANK THREE TIMES, NOW ITS GRENADED THE MOTOR. I BOUGHT A NEW SKI AND SWAM TOWING IT. HAD MY SHARE OF GRIEF FROM THE DEALER. GOT BEAT BY JUMPER, BUT I EVENED THE SCORE LATER IN THE DAY. NOT A VERY GOOD SEASON FOR ME. I MAY JUST BE PARTING OUT THE 00 . ANY TAKERS?

+1
    Sounds like MAJOR water ingestion, or a piston failure.

Which cylinder?

+1
    TRES'

+1
    I'M WONDERING IF SOME WATER DIDNT SLOSH UP INTO THE CARBS WHEN I WAS HITTING THOSE WAVES. THAT WOULD HAVE TO BE ALOT OF WATER

+1
    well, if the hull had some water in it and you were bouncing around the drive coupler could splash quite a bit of water up into #3. There seems tobe a lot of this going around this season. Dont part it out. Find some cases get a piston kit and crank and rebuild it better than it was before.

+1
    It takes an amazingly small amount of fluid to hydrolock a piston... I've seen it done with a sticking needle/seat and gas dumping into a case at speed.

Theoretically, wouldn't it take about 39cc's of liquid in a 38cc combustion chamber? That ain't a lot of water.

+1
    Well, if it is water it would be a lot less than 39cc since it doesnt compress.

....back from the dead.... J-ME's Avatar
    +1
    I'll vouch for the immense cloud of smoke.

I'll have some pics in a couple of days.

I told SMW that his crank needed attention after his top end failure last year.

Could have been either water or bad bearings, it WAS rough out there. I thought I was in the ocean.

So rough, my power plenum fell off....hose clamps and all.

that sucks to hear but atleast you have the 05 the ride

you should list your parts im sure there will be some takers on them

+1
    I DONT KNOW ABOUT THE WATER BECAUSE I HAD BEEN RUNNING THE BILGE ON AND OFF ALL DAY AND I HAVE OUTERWEARS

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information