Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Never Fast Enough caymanian rida's Avatar

15f having a problem at times starting

need help....i had a problem 2day that i need 2 sort out i was ridding my craft today it worked fine all day then wen i was coming in from the spot we hang out on a Sunday my craft would roll but would not start for me....we check every thing out and cant find a problem... then when i got towed in i tried starting it on the trailer 2 blow the water out after 2 try's it starts and i blew the water out..then flushed it wen i got home and it starts fine!..whats going on with it?its a brand new 15f by the way 2007 and has about 30hrs.

+1
    mine has been doing a very similar thing...

i get to the ramp, bring the ski out with the trailer and start it up to get the water out the exhaust.........everything is fine.

when i get home to flush it, i try to start it and it refuses.......almost like its flooded.......

i wait about 1-2 minutes and wa-bam, starts right up !

happened three times already. same situation every time. all i could think about is that when i start it up at the ramp to get the water out the exh and i hit the the throttle open (usually 3 times), i pull the lanyard or stop button and the thing is still getting fuel.......and my simple conclusion is that its flooded......its the only thing i can think of , others have complained about this same type of issue.....

its so wierd like it has a problem then it does not have a problem b4 it was little like if i ran her hard for awhile then stoped her some were then tried starting her it would give me the same starting issue...

Ok guys get this figured before mine does it. Sure was hoping this ski would be the most reliable ski to date. My old gtx never had to be towed in and I really want to say the same for the 15f.

i've had a similar problem in the water. a lot of time me and my buddies will stop and talk and just float while we'rre havin a brew. sometimes when i go to start it again it seems kind of cold blooded. sputters for a second and give her a rev and she runs like a million bucks. i dont know if its water running through the pump and thus throught the cooling system, or or water running in the exhaust, because it started once i did the free flow exhaust.

its strange and it only happens wen u run the bike for awhile then just stop

+1
    hmmm....fuel starvation

when u run the motor for a while, then u shut it off, the heat soak is bad inside the engine compartment, i am thinking its normal with any engine

i really doubt any of you are going to have to be towed in with the 15f......

My 04 did it once never happened again after that and it has 300 hours on it.

Starting problems

My 15F does this on occasion and has since the day I purchased it.... but she has never left me stranded. If you let it sit even for a minute it usually starts right up. It occurs after a long ride and then shut off. I found if before I shut it down if I move the reverse level to idle for a brief period of time it keeps it from occurring. It can be a real pain if you shut your ski down getting ready to pull it on the trailer....As I have more hours on the ski it seem much less frequent.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    My 15f also does this, it seems to happen after riding a while then we stop to BS, if I sit longer then 20 mins it turns over but doesnt want to start,if I keep trying it starts after @ 1-2 mins of trying to start it, then runs great, I noticed that the gauge display doesnt come on when it wont start, then when its going to start as soon as I hit the start button, the display comes back to life.................

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information