Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Superman Handlebar Drop Extensions

Been working on this idea for awhile now and after a couple prototypes i have it perfected.
    The superman handlebar drops are made of 6061-t6 aluminum and come with all stainless hardware.
    They move the mounting location of the handlebars approximately 4 inches back and 2 inches down.
    They bolt to the existing handlebar mounting plate and can be installed and taken back off in 10 minutes.
    For those of you 5-9 and under, this allows you to get into that full superman position, and take advantage of the speed gain and weight transfer never before possible..
    This also will allow you to run a lesser plate angle that will give you better choppy and rough water handling, and still have the top speed numbers of a ski that has the plate up really high for glass water speed runs.
    All cables and wiring clear with ease.
    At 6-3, i can hang my knees over the rear edge of the hull and do an insane looking superman, and yes, with a speed gain.
    If you prefer to do the squat position, it is very beneficial for that style of riding also.
    No more unsafe (locked) elbows when trying to stretch out to get weight to the rear of the ski.
    These are very comfortable to ride with, and still retain the ability to tilt the bars to your desired location.
    Tilted all the way back you can gain another 2 inches of extension, but its up to you to put them where your body size likes them best.
    The center console lid clears them fine when fully opened also.
    Durability and strength were not compromised when engineering these. They are 1 inch wide by 3/4 inch thick billet 6061-t6 aluminum. You will rip your bars off before you damage these parts.
    I have tested here locally with a 5-5 inch female, and a 5-8 inch male rider, and both loved everything about them.
    Without the rear grab bar on the ski, which is the way to go when using the superman position, my 5-5 inch pilot can get into a full superman position and the hips will contour around the rear slope of the ski for a perfect ride.
    If you were scared of the unstable and somewhat scary ride that a superman used to be, then try a set of these.. Its a whole new world.
    Superman position can give from 1.0-1.5 more in top speed.
    Are you ready to fly? Dont compromise safety for speed anymore.
    Complete kits with 2 predrilled bars and all top grade stainless hardware as pictured are priced at only 75.00 shipped USA.
    What else can give you 1-1.5 mph for peanuts?
    Thanks, Ross
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IM001919.JPG 
Views:	72 
Size:	463.4 KB 
ID:	86773   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IM001920.JPG 
Views:	64 
Size:	509.5 KB 
ID:	86774   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IM001923.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	551.8 KB 
ID:	86775   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IM001924.JPG 
Views:	63 
Size:	433.6 KB 
ID:	86776   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IM001925.JPG 
Views:	68 
Size:	533.9 KB 
ID:	86777  
    Last edited by rossnemo; 08-04-2008 at 12:05 AM.

+1
    Very good idea! I also like the ski that is pictured with the red cowlings & black hull!

+1
    +1 on the red. I just may have to do the same.

Thats my non ported 06 getting a facelift.. Its a torch red with 5% pearl added to it.. Looks killer in the sun..

Ross

Those look great. How durable are they?

Durability and strength were not compromised when engineering these. They are 1 inch wide by 3/4 inch thick solid billet 6061-t6 aluminum, with hi grade stainless hardware..

+1
    Ross,
    the Rox Risers can do the same thing, plus they are adjustable, and you can get different sizes... nothing wrong with yours. Just pointing it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrotoys View Post
    Ross,
    the Rox Risers can do the same thing, plus they are adjustable, and you can get different sizes... nothing wrong with yours. Just pointing it out.
    But like always Mark, for mo money...And all those pivots can pivot at the wrong time. Thats why NONE of their listings are reccomended for jet skis. We put much more force on the bars than a snowmobile, atv or motorcycle does. Much simpler, much STRONGER here..
    Last edited by rossnemo; 08-04-2008 at 12:31 AM.

+1
    Nice work Ross,should benefit short people like myself

+1
    I doubt they are not listed for jetskis, because they don't know there is a market for one. They are strong as anything, and I wouldn't worry about it. If they slip then you didn't tighten the bolts...no different than when someone forgets to tighten down a set of carbs.

As far as price, they are $75 to $95 and you can tailor your needs to your situation. Instead of being stuck with bars at your belly, you can move them up or back. I'm simply amazed at how comfortable they can be.

Remember, we use ODI grips on our skis. They weren't marketed for skis until Blowsion got hold of some. Hydroturf was originally a material used for bath mats before they sold it for skis. On and on it goes... Rox risers are awesome. What you have done is great singularly for an application. I wouldn't say one is better than the other.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information