98 slxh fuel line update

Hey I have two of the gray fuel lines to replace on my ski, does this year model have the fuel line restrictor in it???? How many psi of fuel pressure should the fuel system have?.....6psi????
    I just put in a new piston kit and it still has a little dead spot in it.
    Thanks for any info......

The restrictor is built into the carb body itself. The tygon lines you can replace!!

Make sure your accelerator pump is working correctly item #15 below

Check the Float level setting in the carb itself. The flapper should be .060 below the bottom of the carb base to the top of the plastic roller

Also verify your engine timing and make sure its right on as specs show

Last edited by prochamp; 08-04-2008 at 12:07 PM.

Thanks....it still has a small dead spot and the idle progresses down slowly. Has to be somthing I'm over looking.

IS it high idling on you when you come off throttle??
    If so make sure your carb sync is correct and that you dont have a butterfly open more then the other two

Also check your spark plug gap make sure that its between .026-.028 max. You may want to close it up to .024 and try that even

Cant stress enough about checking your timing , as if its a little retarded it will act like this and all you will be doing is trying to put a bandaid on the problem until you get the timing as close to spec as possible

Quote Originally Posted by prochamp View Post
    IS it high idling on you when you come off throttle??
    If so make sure your carb sync is correct and that you dont have a butterfly open more then the other two

Also check your spark plug gap make sure that its between .026-.028 max. You may want to close it up to .024 and try that even

Cant stress enough about checking your timing , as if its a little retarded it will act like this and all you will be doing is trying to put a bandaid on the problem until you get the timing as close to spec as possible
    I gapped them at .022, I have never messed with the timing, it don't think anyone else has either...but I'll check it.

Thread Information