slt boarding ladder

Ok so i recently purchased a aqua step for my slt and installed it...(very nervous doing so drilling holes in the ski!!! ) Anyways got it on and it works....so far no water in the hull...another good sign....but noticed that it binds abit and doesnt go up all the way on its own. I think its cause the mounting isnt perfect. So my question is , is there anyway to adjust it so it springs up on its own?? or is it something i will just have to live with since the holes are now in my ski??

thanks

you can pull the step ( just the hoop ) and open up the mounting holes then reattached it but don't crank the mounting nuts tight( use red loctite if they aren't nylock nuts ) it will let the step move a little and relieve the bind as it swings

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Look at the binding and the mounting angles closely.

You may need to slip a washer under one side of a mounting bracket to relieve the binding of the rotating parts.

Or you can remove the U-shaped step, and carefully adjust the bend in the tubing to better match the angles of the mounts.

Just be sure to properly seal it all up, if you space the mounting bracket away from the hull.

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    Are the wedge blocks set-up on the right sides and directions. If so then like ZMANN says Loosen and readjust.

When I mounted mine on my 750xi I used stainless steel togle bolt..that mushroom when you tighten them.....cause it kept coming off. Never had a problem after that.

Quote Originally Posted by ZMANN View Post
    you can pull the step ( just the hoop ) and open up the mounting holes then reattached it but don't crank the mounting nuts tight( use red loctite if they aren't nylock nuts ) it will let the step move a little and relieve the bind as it swings

You mean just pulll the step part off and not the brackets??? If i take the brackets off wont it not seal correctly then?? Also the screws that cam ewith it are just self tappers, no nuts for the back...so not really any way to adjust it....???

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by paramuir View Post
    You mean just pull the step part off and not the brackets?...
    I think he is talking about this screw, that holds the U-shaped step bar into each hinged bracket. Circled in red in photo.

In my case, I had to insert a white nylon washer to get the hinge pivots to stop binding. I am not entirely happy with the installation, but it works, and doesn't leak.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P8020720b.JPG 
Views:	93 
Size:	344.9 KB 
ID:	87070  

thats what I mean! I have 2 installations under my belt and both needed some mods to get them smooth . I also thru bolt and use 1/4 inch backing plates with ss hardware and 5200 but thats just me

Thread Information