Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 0-60 mph times

+1

0-60 mph times

Hey guys what should be the 0-60 time on a stock rxp-x and how much difference does minor mods like, grates, props, air intakes, etc make to acceleration.. People always post top speeds but rarely mention differences to acceleration.
    thanks guys.

i make, break, and fix things 08255's Avatar
    well, bone stock sea doo advertises 0-50 mph in 2.9 seconds for the 2008 rxp-x.

Someone has got to have an iphone... there is an app you can get for it that will tell you your 0-60 and 1/4 mile times.. that would be cool to find out. I think it uses the accelerometer that is built in.

http://wot.motortrend.com/6274254/te...red/index.html

Banned User
    +1
    The Stalker radar gun used in a few post has this feature. It's an expensive unit, I'd sure like to see more acceration results using time. It's fun to have a lot of top speed, but if it takes you forever cavitating to get there, forget it.

I've also heard that some GPS units can measure tracking in increments, then play back in graph form on the computer. Mine(e-trex) doesn't sample fast enough.

i make, break, and fix things 08255's Avatar
    that iphone feature is pretty sweet...if semi accurate

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xylene View Post
    Someone has got to have an iphone... there is an app you can get for it that will tell you your 0-60 and 1/4 mile times.. that would be cool to find out. I think it uses the accelerometer that is built in.

http://wot.motortrend.com/6274254/te...red/index.html
    lol...thats insane...id buy the iphone just for that feature.......

and i totally agree.......enough top speed numbers...i want to see some acceleration numbers and some lateral g-force numbers.......lets start analyzing the really amazing performance parameters of our skis!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not racing on the Bonneville water flats......i love 'grabbin' the throttle.....exploding the water behind me as the ski 'rips' up to 65 mph.....and then go hard right at full-speed to 'tear' the water apart (as well as ur upper body/arms) doing a G-force maneuver that a fighter pilot would be proud of.....thats what im talking about!!!!!

Not knocking high-speed....just pointing out that there r sooo many other parameters we should be measuring on these skis.......

so next thread.....who has the hardest accelerating, and who has the best handling ski on the water?!!?!?

That is what I am talking about...that would be a great thread to start. If someone knows where I can get a device besides the iphone to record my G's and acceration let me know. I will head out and buy one. i wish I had the stacker but I would like something that is portabe that can mount on my ski!

Quote Originally Posted by powertek View Post
    That is what I am talking about...that would be a great thread to start. If someone knows where I can get a device besides the iphone to record my G's and acceration let me know. I will head out and buy one. i wish I had the stacker but I would like something that is portabe that can mount on my ski!

I think Mark at Race tech has one Stalker.

Yes I know...he has used it on my boat several times. I would like to buy something that I can keep on my boat and be able to test myself.

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by powertek View Post
    well....if we're serious about doing this....ew need a device thats easily accessible.......this iphone with this app sounds like the best bet if this stalker gun is that expensive.....and we should chime in to the manufacturers....
    If there not going to post hp numbers....they can at least buy one of these guns and give us some parameters on the ski's that we're throwing 10-13k down....w/o a test ride...to help the buyer make a formed decision.....
    The current system is definitely not geared to the consumer...its geared to manufacturer PR people...........

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information