Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    +1

TRANSPLANTING A 1300 INTO A MILLENIUM 1200R

AM TO PICK UP A COMPLETE (INTAKE,EXHAUST, WIRING HARNESS, AND COMPUTER)03 1300 R MOTOR AND WILL BE COMPLETELY SWAPPING OUT THE 1200 FOR THE FUEL INJECTED 1300. I THINK ITS GONNA BE PRETTY STRAIGHTFORWARD. FERNANDO SAYS I GOTTA GET THE 03 FUEL TANK CAUSE THE PICK UP IS DIFFERENT. ANYONE ELSE HAVE ANYTHING ELSE TO ADD THAT I SHOULD GET WHILE I'M PICKING THE MOTOR UP?

+1
    you could get me some fries and a chocolate shake.

Should be a straight forward swap. I had no idea the fuel tanks between the 1200 and 1300 were that different.

+1
    Intermeddiate shaft and 2" spacer.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanediego-gpr
    I had no idea the fuel tanks between the 1200 and 1300 were that different.
    There are lots of things that have no idea about

Santa Monika, People's Republik of Kalifornia...
    +1
    Driveshaft lengths I know for sure you will need to upgrade, you had to between 66V and 67X, the 1300 sure isn't back to the 66V shaft.

I wouldn't be surprised you need to upgrade fuel pickup too.

+1
    fercho, wheres my steering system? help a brother out! I will gladly pay you tuesday for a hamburger today!

+1
    here's what i am getting. complete efi motor, wiring harness's, computer, complete exhaust including sound suppression and waterbox, fuel tank and pickups, oil tank, seat, complete pump assembly with driveshaft, couplers, impeller. 36 hours old/young. i am all smiles here.

+1

tank

when you remove the tank, please tell us the difference between the two when you get ready to swap it.

Thats gonna be pretty cool to have an EFI machine.

Keep us updated

+1
    The fuel sending unit is physically larger on the FI'd units. So the hole in the tank should be larger. go to the OEM parts finder and pull it up.

+1
    MOTOR IS IN MY GARAGE. FERCHO TOLD ME TO PICK IT UP ASAP BEFORE THE GUY CHANGES HIS MIND. WENT TO NEW YORK TO GET IT, AND PICKED UP SOME LONG ISLAND WATER IF ANYBODY WANTS TO CLONE SOME. HE DIDNT HAVE THE SEAT HE SAID HE WOULD GIVE ME, BUT HE KNOCKED 500 OFF THE PRICE CAUSE THATS ALL HE WAS LOOKING TO GET FOR IT. WE HAD AGREED ON 1500.00 AND AN EXTRA 3 FOR EXTRAS. THE FUEL TANK IS SO MUCH DIFFERENT. THE TOP OF IT LOOKS LIKE A FUEL CELL. THE FUEL PUMP IS BOLTED TO THE TANK.IT HAS THE FUEL PUMP WHERE THE PICK UPS ARE FOR THE 1200. THE PUMP ALONE IS WORTH FIVE HUNDRED. THE TANK, ANOTHER HUNDRED OR SO. GOT THE WATERBOX, A FREE FLOW TUBE, COMPLETE JET DRIVE UNIT WITH A NEW 13/19 SOLAS AND A GREAT LOOKING WEAR RING/HOUSING TO BOOT. I THINK THE DUDE TOOK A SAWZALL TO HIS HULL CAUSE THE MOTOR IS COMPLETELY ASSEMBLED. HAS ANYONE TAKEN ONE OUT WITHOUT DISASSEMBLING THE EXHAUST AT LEAST? I THINK IF THE MOTOR IS ANGLED CORRECTLY IT WILL GO IN COMPLETE WITH EXHAUST ON. HE GAVE ME THE COUPLER AND INTERMEDIATE SHAFT, WAIT, ISNT THAT THE SAME THING. GAVE ME THE TRANSOM PLATE THAT BOLTS TO THE BACK OF THE HULL. ONLY PROBLEM I FORSEE IS DRILLING A FEW HOLES FOR NEW MOUNTING LOCATIONS FOR THE CDI, WHICH IS SMALLER THAN THE 1200 AND ALSO GETTING/FABRICATING SOME BRACKETS FOR EXTRA SENSORS AND SUCH. LIKE THE SLANT DETECTION SWITCH AND ECU. THE 1200 DOESNT HAVE ANY BRACKETS FOR THAT STUFF. I'M SURE GLAD FERNANDO TOLD ME TO GET THE TANK. I WOULD HAVE BEEN PULLING HAIR OUT ABOUT THAT ONE.SO IT LOOKS LIKE I'M GOING TO HAVE A GOOD ASSORTMENT OF 1200R STUFF UP FOR SALE AFTER THE SWAP. I HAVE STINGER3, RIVA HEADS, AND WHATEVER ELSE SOMEONE MIGHT NEED. THE THROTTLE BODIES ALONE ARE WORTH OVER A G. I'M ALREADY AHEAD OF THE GAME FELLA'S.I WILL PART OUT THE 1200 OR WHATS LEFT OF IT. I BET ITS GOT TWO GOOD CYLINDERS . I'LL TAKE SOME PICS OF EVERYTHING AS IT GOES TOGETHER
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cm2_back_106.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	39.8 KB 
ID:	4862  

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information