Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Ultra250XRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ocean City, MD
    Posts
    80

    What Spark Plugs To Use?

    I see a lot of post recently about Spark Plugs. Iím having some of the same symptoms as others have posted.
    • What plugs does everyone recommended?
    • Will the NGK CR9EIX void warranty?


  2. #2
    www.eastcoastpwc.net Scott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    7,992
    +1
    455
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra250XRider View Post
    I see a lot of post recently about Spark Plugs. Iím having some of the same symptoms as others have posted.
    • What plugs does everyone recommended?
    • Will the NGK CR9EIX void warranty?
    I dont mean to be an a$$. But there are tons and tons of threads about this. Use the SEARCH button.

  3. #3
    good question.

  4. #4
    Gen3Benz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    158
    PMR9B - $13.96 - factory '07 double platinum
    CR9EK - $6.49 - factory '08 multi-ground
    U27ETR - $2.24 - denso equivalent of a CR9EK
    CR9EIX - $7.83 - ngk iridium
    IU27 - $11.99 - denso equivalent of a CR9EIX

    I recommend the cheap ones...
    All these plus have the same heat range.
    The CR9EIX's should not void your warranty, they are a better plug then the factory one.
    But I have heard the denso's are better because the EIX's like to break where the porcelain meets the metal.

  5. #5
    stangbang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    West Palm Beach
    Posts
    844
    +1
    129
    I and several others have had really bad luck with the densos breaking off the electrodes in our boosted stangs. I personally would never use a denso again. I always use ngk now.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by stangbang View Post
    I and several others have had really bad luck with the densos breaking off the electrodes in our boosted stangs. I personally would never use a denso again. I always use ngk now.
    +1 Denso's suck, I wouldn't put them in my lawn mower.

  7. #7
    GODOSIDIS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    735
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen3Benz View Post
    PMR9B - $13.96 - factory '07 double platinum
    CR9EK - $6.49 - factory '08 multi-ground
    U27ETR - $2.24 - denso equivalent of a CR9EK
    CR9EIX - $7.83 - ngk iridium
    IU27 - $11.99 - denso equivalent of a CR9EIX

    I recommend the cheap ones...
    All these plus have the same heat range.
    The CR9EIX's should not void your warranty, they are a better plug then the factory one.
    But I have heard the denso's are better because the EIX's like to break where the porcelain meets the metal.
    NO!
    08's use PMR9B from factory.

  8. #8
    Gen3Benz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    158
    Quote Originally Posted by stangbang View Post
    I and several others have had really bad luck with the densos breaking off the electrodes in our boosted stangs.
    ouch, that could potentially suck real bad.
    Ive never had any problems with ngk's in any customers boosted LS-engines

    Quote Originally Posted by GODOSIDIS
    NO!
    08's use PMR9B from factory.
    oops, my bad
    damn hearsay.

  9. #9
    call your Kawi dealer. ask what the replacement plug is. Mine told me (in 2007, after only 18 hours on the POS PMR9b's) that the CR9EIX's were listed for the Ultra (as well as the PMR9B). Now have over 80 hours on the CR9EIX's and have had no problems with the plugs. I had first tried the EK's but they lasted only 25 hours.

  10. #10
    Ultra250XRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ocean City, MD
    Posts
    80
    Thanks all for the reply, I'm going to give the CR9EIX's a try.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Which spark plug to use
    By jdbretz in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-03-2010, 05:41 PM
  2. Which spark plug to use
    By da1nonlyrxp in forum Polaris PWC Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-07-2009, 11:05 PM
  3. which spark plugs to use....
    By SLW750 in forum Polaris How To & FAQs
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-06-2009, 08:35 AM
  4. What spark plugs to use
    By damo.r in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-20-2009, 10:07 PM
  5. what spark plugs to run with riva heads
    By whiteyz in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-08-2008, 04:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •