+1

U.S. Border Patrol RWC Training

I just completed two classes last week for the U.S. Border Patrol, BORSTAR and STR (Search Trauma and Rescue), using RWC (Rescue Water Craft).

Our night operation training was a long day, 6 straight days of training and night op's was an 18 hour day...

I'm very proud of these men and the class, it was incredible. We trained in San Diego Harbor and at the Tijuana/California border, yes in Hepatitis filled waters...disgusting if anything....

Please visit our photo album!

This is Group 1

http://flickr.com/photos/k38shawn/se...7606526901349/

+1
    I'm still uploading the photos for this album.
    This is the second BORSTAR/STR group we trained, please enjoy the pictures.

http://flickr.com/photos/k38shawn/se...7606523473648/

Very neat ! Is the term RWC new?

+1
    Yes for occupational use it is a new standard we've been pushing for a few years and now its become adopted..it is to separate the occupational use from recreational use. The rec term is PWC Personal Water Craft, but most refer to it as personal watercraft, and the duty description is Rescue Water Craft....just a different description of use...still very 'personal'..LOL

I was jokingly going to imply that your trying to separate the profession from the PWC stigma and it seems like after I thought about it I was actually thinking this might not be funny due to so many bad PWC articles it may be best to separate from the rec crowd affiliation ! then it dawned on me! you know what your doing and who am I to think ! great job! love the pics and keep up the awesome work!

+1
    Well you are thinking properly and with good sense, as we want the occupational users to take this seriously and not think of it as a recreational boat. There are cities that have bans enacted against PWC recreational use, and have also applied this prejudice towards agency use..so the agencies have to get city code written to use a PWC for on duty work! Can you imagine if they had to get a police patrol car approved because citizens didn't like a specific maker of automobiles? That is how far ingrained the negative impact is on perception.

It is the behavior of operators that is the problem, not the craft itself.

Oh grasshopper you are o so wise....!

Self preservation of such an important service is ok with me, so wording isn't important but what you do is! ! But if I ever see you in person Ill probably slip and say look it's Shawn Alladio on that PWC
    kidding! keep up the interesting post's! I don't see how you find the time Scott

+1
    Heya Scott...actually I just call it a boat.
    And then everyone gets confused, in class 'get your boat now'...'tie off the boat', 'right the boat'...
    LOL

So yeah, you can call me Evil Woman if you like too, that's one of the guested nicknames I've been ordained..LOL

Would have to be there...actually Ross Champion came to one of these classes, he's a freerider...so he knows the lingo, I am sure it was a bit shocking...LOL You'd have to ask him...LOL

Time, I run on military time....not a very enviable lifestyle, as it's like having no life at all on many levels....

+1
    BTW, Ross Champion came out and trained with us...in between his own training, kept him up till the class broke at 3am...LOL
    He's a good sport that is for sure!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/k38shawn/2733401665/

What an amazing athlete: http://www.ross-champion.com/

Thread Information