Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    +1

YOU Stock air boxs guys. That installed the fan? Questions

I am finishing up my fan install on my RXP. I was plaining on setting it up likePPG's kit.

My question is does the front vent need to flow air to the engine compartment?
    I was just going to use the whole thing to go directly to my air intake.
    I was plaining of placing the fan in that vent and just connect a hose from it to the top of my intake. That would be all fresh air from the front under seat vent.

What do yall think?

Yes, it needs to be open to the engine compartment. It is designed to aid in the removal of heaver than air vapor/fumes in the hulll to help eliminate the potential of explosion. Not to mention they are required by law.

+1
    Ok, but there is a back vent also. I think I will just add a fan there to pull heat and fumes out. Use the front one to go into the air box and the back one in the vent to pull stuff out.

+1
    The fan on the rear works like a charm. After a long ride and sitting, the inside hull temp was 110 while the air temp was 84, after running my fan for about 5 minutes, the hull temp was the same a the ambient temp. When cruising, I leave the fan off.

With the Riva power filter, All that stock air box crap is removed, The front air intake opening is parked on top of the air sensor and has a direct path to the Riva Filter past the motor and sucked right out the back. I can feel the hot air blowing out the rear. When the air feels the same as the ambient temp, I turn it off. While cruising, I think there is enough air flow to leave the fan off. I've been using a IR temp gauge but plan on installing a sensor inside the hull for more accurate readings.

waht can someone give me a link for the part you guys are talking about or tell me where to go. thanks

+1
    No link, just a logical deduction using an Atwood bilge blower. I cut up my rear air intake and inserted the blower, wired it directly to the battery via a switch mounted in my glove box. It move some serious air.

+1
    I just ordered a atwood turbo 3000 blower from Overtons. I just tried to pull it up in there online store and can't find it. But anyway you install a blower in the vent to cool the engine compartment down.

+1
    Here is what I bought, but I got it from overtons.

http://iboats.com/mall/index.cgi?pro...t_id=518140304

+1
    Yeah Austin,

I got the bottom one. 4" water resistant 230CFM. I used duct tape then a huge hose clamp to hold it in place. Make sure to keep eveything round so the blades don't scrape or get bound. Also, I have the bottom of the blower about 6" from the bottom of the hull. I think I posted a picture for you on Snky.

+1
    Yes, I got the picture and I like the Idea on running a extention air hose to the stock intake. Just cut a hole in the front air duct fresh air vent and then run the hose to the air intake and then run my 3000 the way you have yours.
    I see no way the fan can out pull the stock SC suction. So placing it in the way wouldn't be as good.

You know run it the way PPG's set up is but no fan, just put it in the back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information