+1

Smile need help with 1200 gpr

my email is [email protected] i have 1200 gpr mostly stock i am adding grease to it for the first time. Does any one know how many pumps it is to fill it up? or how to tell if the shaft is full?

second question it has 144 hours what should i replace before it breaks and what is the main weakness of this waverunner again 1200 gpr made in 2000.
    Last edited by noshowallgo; 08-04-2008 at 06:05 PM.

replace cat convertor with d-plate and chip, put some waveeater pv clips on it and lose the oil injection pump and go premix.

144 hous probably needs plug wires and new reeds.

Depends on how hard you push it....what oil you use and what water you
    run it in.

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by RHeller1 View Post
    replace cat convertor with d-plate and chip, put some waveeater pv clips on it and lose the oil injection pump and go premix.
    +1

Also you can just keep pumping the grease until you see it start to come out of the bearings. Just follow the grease line down to the bottom of the ski to the drive shaft. you might need to remove the battery box to see it properly. As you pump the grease you will notice that when it is full the grease will squeeze out the side of the driveshaft housing and bearings.

+1
    I run Pennzoil 2 stroke synthetic blend, i do a lot of wake jumps and circle tracks we set up to play on.

+1
    my battery even when i remove sits in a plastic housing that does not come out. i pumped 12 shots of grease in there and it still did not come out of the surrounding on my seadoo xp 7 pumps and the grease starts to come out? how much can this gpr hold?

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by noshowallgo View Post
    my battery even when i remove sits in a plastic housing that does not come out. i pumped 12 shots of grease in there and it still did not come out of the surrounding on my seadoo xp 7 pumps and the grease starts to come out? how much can this gpr hold?

Well as in battery im talking about the entire box that holds the battery. it should have 4 bolts holding it to the ski. Two plastic black ones and two small ones w/ white caps near the front of the battery box (where the fresh water rinse connection is). Once that whole box is out you will be able to look down a nd see your shaft a lot easier. Then start pumping grease until you see it come out of the drive shaft bearing housing. If it does not come out you need to take off your grease line and then take off the small nipple on the drive shaft where the grease line connects to (its only about an inch and a half long) with a metric wrench and make sure it is not clogged up. Same thing happened to me... i took mine off and found a bunch of gunk blocking my from putting grease in there.... so i cleaned it out... and also cleaned out the little hole on the driveshaft bearing house where this little nipple connects to until i could see straight into the housing. Put everything back together and then when i proceeded to pump grease in the line it filled up and started to squeeze out the side signifying it is full.

Sorry if my explanation is a little tough to understand... but i tried my best

+1
    you rock this is been big help thanks a lot !

Thread Information