XP problem...stator or recifier?

What is a stator? Rectifier? My local marina said it would be all or nothing with the stator....is this true? I cant afford to spend another 800 on this thing. Also, sometimes it would take a few timmes with the key to get it to beep twice. and after it was removed the fuel lights and things would still be operational. What does it sound like? Thanks for all help, as im new to all of this, lol.
    Last edited by babyjoker494; 08-04-2008 at 08:49 PM.

96 XP by the way

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Quote Originally Posted by babyjoker494 View Post
    What is a stator? Rectifier? My local marina said it would be all or nothing with the stator....is this true? I cant afford to spend another 800 on this thing. Also, sometimes it would take a few timmes with the key to get it to beep twice. and after it was removed the fuel lights and things would still be operational. What does it sound like? Thanks for all help, as im new to all of this, lol.
    This is copied from your other thread...on the same subject...
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=68346

"Welcome! Your ski isn't charging your battery. If you think about it you answered your own question. Either the stator and/or rectifier is bad. You need to pull the front cover off the engine to inspect the stator for burned windings. The rectifier is in the gray box, nothing visual will confirm it's bad. If the stator inspects good, change the rectifier and see if it is at 13.9 volts @ 3500 rpm. Right now you can put a meter on your battery with the engine running and you will have the same or less voltage, than right before you started it.

Good luck!"

My advice at this point is if you are too lazy to do what we're telling you to do, and wish to start multiple threads on the same issue searching for a lazy fix then take it to the dealer and pay the money, and quit wasting our time here...
    Last edited by 96XPSS; 08-05-2008 at 09:38 AM.

I apologize, im not trying to waste your time, im just not very technical and I dont know what certain things are that you mention. Like I said, Im new to this so Im just trying to get the best idea so I can try to fix it and not screw something else up. I do apologize though

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    OK, understood. Next time just ask on the same thread if you don't understand something...we're here to help.

Thread Information