Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thumbs down supercharger gone bad

I have about 78 hours on my ultra 250x and my supercharger is putting out like 8psi. Called r-rated performance and turns out that its usual for the s/c to go out and that pulley kits just speed up the process. Has anybody else had there s/c go out if so at how many hours?

+1
    Sounds more like a belt or boost leak. My exp. with bad sc's is usually been bearing related or total crash down failure. Is it making loud noise?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithThompson149 View Post
    I have about 78 hours on my ultra 250x and my supercharger is putting out like 8psi. Called r-rated performance and turns out that its usual for the s/c to go out and that pulley kits just speed up the process. Has anybody else had there s/c go out if so at how many hours?
    I know Rudy had an extra S/C in his shop. Ask him if he still has it.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithThompson149 View Post
    There are 3 Ultras in my Group and we have all gone thru at least one SC. None of us made it to 78 hours. I think the problem is that the SC is having a hard life in a marine environment. I just spent 4 days in Lake Havasu in 115+ degree weather . . . put 10 - 12 hours on the boat. I had no water come over the bow at all for the 4 days, but when I got back tonite I took off the rubber hose that connects the SC to the intercooler and that hose had a fair amount of water condensation in it. Seeing that the inside of the hull was bone dry for 4 days and no water ever come over the bow . . . why would I have some water condensation in that hose? I think it has to do with water condensation from the intercooler finding its way back into the SC. So from now on when I am done riding the boat, I will be taking this hose off (and putting it back on when I am ready to ride again).; Too, as long as that rubber tube is off I will be spraying a little fogging oil into the SC. I think by trying to manage water condensation build up in the SC, I am hoping to get a longer life out of it (the engine is stock).

You know the SC that is on this boat has its origin in "land use" on cars. Hence, I can see why the SC unit may be having a hard time in a marine application. jb
    Last edited by john belton; 08-04-2008 at 10:09 PM.

When I bought my ultra last year in april (07), The kawi tech here drilled a small whole into the air intake hose going to the S/C and it just fits a straw from lube spray in there couple of shots in there then run the boat for a few revs and S/C still strong here at 129 hours. I've been doing this religously as we have a high salt content in our air here in Hawaii. Those who have not done this are experiencing simular issues (condensation and SC failure). Just a little 2cents.

+1
    my supercharger is still strong. 12 psi blocked. 350 hours. original SC oil. Keepin the fingers crossed...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by benjahw View Post
    my supercharger is still strong. 12 psi blocked. 350 hours. original SC oil. Keepin the fingers crossed...
    A tuesday or wednesday ski.

typical kawi thats why i got rid of mine might want to switch makes maybe seadoo or yami

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by HYNES View Post
    typical kawi thats why i got rid of mine might want to switch makes maybe seadoo or yami
    wow man your on fire. Gonna post something neg on every kawi thread?

Quote Originally Posted by BluUltra250x View Post
    wow man your on fire. Gonna post something neg on every kawi thread?
    +1

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information