Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Advise...

Advise...

Guys...ok I've been bitten...rode an 08 ULTRA 250X and an 04 RXP...both supercharged...first supercharged skis I have ridden...I want one...or a Turbo Honda...something...used and in the $4-5k range.
    How do the Turbos stand up Vs. the supercharged skis...hole shot, top end, etc...I loved the SeaDoo...but man I am so tired of working on SeaDoos..The Ultra was just plain fast...I can't afford that...help!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilnEdee View Post
    Guys...ok I've been bitten...rode an 08 ULTRA 250X and an 04 RXP...both supercharged...first supercharged skis I have ridden...I want one...or a Turbo Honda...something...used and in the $4-5k range.
    How do the Turbos stand up Vs. the supercharged skis...hole shot, top end, etc...I loved the SeaDoo...but man I am so tired of working on SeaDoos..The Ultra was just plain fast...I can't afford that...help!
    Wanna go fast???? It cost money

Quote Originally Posted by jawz View Post
    Wanna go fast???? It cost money

I want to go fast (er) but I also want dependability ....that's why I am thinking of a Honda or anything Vs. a Seadoo...had 3 seadoo's all have been more work than play.

+1
    I want to go fast (er) but I also want dependability ....that's why I am thinking of a Honda or anything Vs. a Seadoo...had 3 seadoo's all have been more work than play.

Honda... that auta be good for you!

Well I raced an F2 and an F3 CBR 600 on WERA for several years...the Honda was hard to beat as far as reliability...I have had every CBR made from the 88 Hurricane to the CBR1000RR and they were all 100% fantastic bikes. Right now I have a Shadow 1100 ACE and it has about 13K miles...nothing but tires and oil.
    I haven't seen a Honda on the water here though, much less rode one, so I'm throwing it out there. Getting 56-57 on my GTX and on the STX with the sleeper kit...doing 70 is not what I want the most as I rode both the others at 70 last weekend and it was like riding a chick on meth , I would like to really rip out of the hole to the mid 60 range.

+1
    Wel i think it is understod that the RXP cant be beat for accel and top speed. But that is dependent on conditions, thay aint great in the rough stuff IMO. I say RXP and not PX coz of his budget. You obviosly have not had a good experiece with seadoo but were these 2stroke skis?? The new 4tecs are very reliable if you swap out the ceramic washers in the sc and then leave it alone. It is like anything if you play with it to make it go faster you prob goina have a few problems. I do admit that as far as honda cars and bikes are concerned thay are very reliable however i have not expirienced there skis, so no comment from me. I think also you hear about more problems from sedoo skis coz there are more seadoos in the water than anything else but i know a guy who just had to have a £3000 rebuild on his Ultra 250x so nothing is bullet proof. My 0.2 R88

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar

Hoovermanuver has a RXP for sale at $4500. If I had the money I would be buying it myself. It already has the metal washers to aid the dependability, but it doesnt come with a trailer

+1
    see my sig and call me if you want for + - .
    just my opinion.
    502-608-6227 , 5p-10p Eastern std Time

Quote Originally Posted by DarthAWM View Post
    Hoovermanuver has a RXP for sale at $4500. If I had the money I would be buying it myself. It already has the metal washers to aid the dependability, but it doesnt come with a trailer

He and I talked and I was interested, but that deal has fallen through. Looks like a nice ski he has though.

Quote Originally Posted by dav_dman View Post
    see my sig and call me if you want for + - .
    just my opinion.
    502-608-6227 , 5p-10p Eastern std Time

Will do!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information