Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Tony Doukas Racing Perfomance Waterbox

Received my issue of Ride pwc magazine apparently there is another waterbox in the market labeled the TDR waterbox with fitment for makes and models from 1978 thru 2007 in two different versions, the "baffled" and " Powes- Spray". The baffled style is appropriate for the recreational rider who wants a power increase with a deep troaty sound, while the Power-Spray desings are designed for closed-course use ( these models are completely hollow and have no restrictive baffles, allowing maximum exhaust flow. They are also extremely loud, could result in fines for excessive noise and I quote " should not be used in recreational machines used on public waters but I guess we are all past that point of recreational, right ? Prices vary, and this is the icing on the cake, Sea-Doo RXT/RXP unit listing for $195. They are available thru Parts Unlimited dealers. The web site is www.tdrracing.com or 800.321-6354. It would be interesting to see what the testing results for this waterbox will be and how it compares to the Gibson or the former GH waterbox. Let the testin begin. Have fun be safe. KC

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
    It would be interesting to see what the testing results for this waterbox will be and how it compares to the Gibson or the former GH waterbox. Let the testin begin. Have fun be safe. KC
    I saw that too! Looks like a direct replacement for the stock box. Looks like it does not run out the rear unless you use the riva thru-hull and pipe.

has anyone run the TDR (Tony Doukas Racing) waterbox? I got mine off Ebay directly from them but it is not baffled and I am concerned it will be VERY loud. I don't mind a little louder than stock, but want no headaches from noise after a few hours of riding!

THoughts?

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1

Not sure if anyone can respond to my question: if you have a TDR (Tony Doukas Racing) waterbox, how loud is it? I don't mind a little louder than stock, but don't want something crazy loud!

It does not have any baffling in it, so worry about how loud it will be.

05 RXP will be running RIva pipe (eliminate resonator) out of stock exhaust exit with TDR waterbox.

Anyone?

Thanks in advance!

Which one did you get?

Quote Originally Posted by sweetbats View Post
    Not sure if anyone can respond to my question: if you have a TDR (Tony Doukas Racing) waterbox, how loud is it? I don't mind a little louder than stock, but don't want something crazy loud!

It does not have any baffling in it, so worry about how loud it will be.

05 RXP will be running RIva pipe (eliminate resonator) out of stock exhaust exit with TDR waterbox.

Anyone?

Thanks in advance!
    I cannot answer your question but I looked into these myself. There are two versions of the TDR waterbox, one for racing which had no baffles and therefore was not recommended for recreational use. The other model was baffled and called the "silencer". Sound like you got the racing version.

+1
    I couldn;t find info regarding baffled version for the 4-tec motor

Here you go

Quote Originally Posted by jpeconsult View Post
    I couldn;t find info regarding baffled version for the 4-tec motor
    These quotes are directly off of their posting on Ebay, additionally, I communicated with them via email and they definitely recommended the baffled box for recreational use. Note the "extremely loud" warning in the text for the powerspray. They advise to put a B in front of the model number when ordering to get the box with the baffles.:

BAFFLED STYLE WATERBOX

This waterbox is designed for the recreational riderwho wants a power increase with ah deep throaty sound. Although the baffle type waterbox is louder than the stock “OEM” waterbox, it is not offensively loud and it is the easiest to install. These waterboxes work well on stock, slightly modified, and recreational motors. To order, place the letter “B” after the appropriate part#. Example: #02-0013-B Yamaha Waverunner III.

POWER SPRAY STYLE WATERBOX

This waterbox is designed for the racer or high performance enthusiast. The TDR “power spray” waterbox is completely hollow and has no restrictive baffles, allowing maximum exhaust flow. The “power spray” silences the exhaust noise by inducing a series of ultra-fine sprays of water mist. This mist of water applied in the proper places quiets the exhasut noise with any restrictions or power loss. WARNING-this waterbox is extremely loud and could result in fines for excessive noise. To order, place the letters “PS” after the appropriate part number. Example: 02-0058-PS Kaw Ultra 150.

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    What is offensively loud?

Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthAWM View Post
    What is offensively loud?
    THIS!... just kiddin' Mick

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information