Gain with Riva Grate for P-X

Well I finally installed my Riva grate. Have most of the stage 1 parts but with the X I am installing one at a time and noting the improvement. Wth my 04 RXP i just installed all at once.
    Anyhow my previous best, completely stock was 69.3 on the GPS in mild chop, sitting up. No superman.
    Yesterday with the riva grate installed in the same conditions, I hit 71.4, sitting up.
    Other factors include:
    RPM's 8050
    3 bars of fuel
    trim set to one above center, although tried a few spots
    water temp was 77 F
    Air temp was 82 F
    I am sure I could get a little more in the superman position but with a lot of boat traffic I did not want to chance hitting wake and being tossed. Next I'll fill the ride plate holes.
    Just thought I'd share my results if anyone was on the fence about getting a grate (Riva or R&D)
    One other thing I like about this is when you let off the throttle it gradually slows down more gradual.

+1
    Yer 2 mph is a good gain for the price of the grate.. Did u notice anything else?? what about acceleration and hole shot?
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by North49 View Post
    Well I finally installed my Riva grate. Have most of the stage 1 parts but with the X I am installing one at a time and noting the improvement. Wth my 04 RXP i just installed all at once.
    Anyhow my previous best, completely stock was 69.3 on the GPS in mild chop, sitting up. No superman.
    Yesterday with the riva grate installed in the same conditions, I hit 71.4, sitting up.
    Other factors include:
    RPM's 8050
    3 bars of fuel
    trim set to one above center, although tried a few spots
    water temp was 77 F
    Air temp was 82 F
    I am sure I could get a little more in the superman position but with a lot of boat traffic I did not want to chance hitting wake and being tossed. Next I'll fill the ride plate holes.
    Just thought I'd share my results if anyone was on the fence about getting a grate (Riva or R&D)
    One other thing I like about this is when you let off the throttle it gradually slows down more gradual.

I didn't notice any difference in holeshot or acceleration. One thing I did notice is that the vibration I noticed at top speed was gone, and the ski seemed less restrictive when letting off the throttle. The stock grate seemed like I brake in such cases...if that makes sense.

Thread Information