rxp taking on water

ok so i had some problems with over heating sensor after replacing supercharger. I thought it was air in the coolant because of taking the hose off to try and reach the charger. I did a coolant swap and now I am still getting the high temp. I also replaced rear engine mount right in front of the water box. I see smoke when its in the water. I just had it out for about 2 minutes and noticed it was taking on huge amounts of water. I'm wondering what I could have messed up. If the alignment is off will it take on tons of water? I am making the trek to the dealer tomorrow so we will see what happens. Just wanted a couple opinions. thanks guys

+1
    It sounds like the carbon seal could possibly be leaking if your taking on huge amounts of water....But check all your lines and make sure they are all tight too...You could have a loose or unconnected hose...Check all the hoses on the J-Pipe to see if they are tight also..Your over heating could be loose or unconected hoses or you could have pinched off the 3 little pisser holes in the J-Pipe with the silicone coupler..These are places i would start to look first...

so i finally got my seadoo finished at the dealer. I took it in there and let them know that it was the carbon seal and the wear ring. They had originally called me letting me know that i should replace the impeller cause it had a small chip. I told them to leave it and the wear ring alone because I was going to RIVA the thing out at the end of the season. So I just go finally to pick it up. After originally being quoted 5-600 for the entire bill I get a bill for 1, 517. which included new bearings and two new tires for my trailer. I only needed one but he told me he was getting a great deal on 2. So the trailer wheels ended up being 112 and the bearing kit 30.

The bill i get is for 2 hours x 95 per hour for trailer wheels and bearings to be replaced. so 190

then 7 hours at 95 per hour for:

REmove spark bplugs and check compression. all cylinders 1230PSI. Remove complete drive assembly and check engine alignment. clean up driveshaft and apply marine tex to pitted seal surface areas. instal shaft and replace damaged carbon seal (chipped on both seal surfaces) remove impellor and replace wear ring. assemble and install jet pup unit. run up and check cooling system. water test and check for proper cooling and performance . hooked up to computer and checked fault codes.

then charge 100.00 to water test the seadoo.

parts were 447.12
    112 for tires
    labour sub contract 40.00
    trailer wheel bearing kit 30x 2+60
    shop supplies 30.33
    o ring .32
    carbon ring 79.13
    o ring 3.30
    wear ring 78.54
    greece 9.99
    o ring 3.65
    o ring 2.11
    drive shaft clip 2.40

seem ridiculous to anyone? what would you guys do?

my buddy who iw as with had an old gtx he was gonna trade on a another rxt for himself. they offered him 2k for it. he said no cause they quoted him 450 to fix it and he gets a bill for 2200

not to mention the wear ring was giving me no problems and i told them not to touch it cause i was gonna redo it with a riva stainless.

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by laith11 View Post
    so i finally got my seadoo finished at the dealer. I took it in there and let them know that it was the carbon seal and the wear ring. They had originally called me letting me know that i should replace the impeller cause it had a small chip. I told them to leave it and the wear ring alone because I was going to RIVA the thing out at the end of the season. So I just go finally to pick it up. After originally being quoted 5-600 for the entire bill I get a bill for 1, 517. which included new bearings and two new tires for my trailer. I only needed one but he told me he was getting a great deal on 2. So the trailer wheels ended up being 112 and the bearing kit 30.

The bill i get is for 2 hours x 95 per hour for trailer wheels and bearings to be replaced. so 190

then 7 hours at 95 per hour for:

REmove spark bplugs and check compression. all cylinders 1230PSI. Remove complete drive assembly and check engine alignment. clean up driveshaft and apply marine tex to pitted seal surface areas. instal shaft and replace damaged carbon seal (chipped on both seal surfaces) remove impellor and replace wear ring. assemble and install jet pup unit. run up and check cooling system. water test and check for proper cooling and performance . hooked up to computer and checked fault codes.

then charge 100.00 to water test the seadoo.

parts were 447.12
    112 for tires
    labour sub contract 40.00
    trailer wheel bearing kit 30x 2+60
    shop supplies 30.33
    o ring .32
    carbon ring 79.13
    o ring 3.30
    wear ring 78.54
    greece 9.99
    o ring 3.65
    o ring 2.11
    drive shaft clip 2.40

seem ridiculous to anyone? what would you guys do?

my buddy who iw as with had an old gtx he was gonna trade on a another rxt for himself. they offered him 2k for it. he said no cause they quoted him 450 to fix it and he gets a bill for 2200
    Only thing that seems ridiculous to me is that they didn't replace the support ring with the carbon ring. The labor seems to be well inline with what was done and the tires are only slightly more expensive than the ones I bought this year.

so the fact that i simply told them to replace the carbon ring and they had already looked at everything when they quoted me 500 and then i get a bill for tripple. that doesn't seem right?

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by laith11 View Post
    so the fact that i simply told them to replace the carbon ring and they had already looked at everything when they quoted me 500 and then i get a bill for tripple. that doesn't seem right?
    Sorry I didn't read you whole post(ADD thing)

Yeah if you went in for only a Carbon Ring and get trailer tires that is stupid.

Thread Information