Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: SHO towing

SHO towing

Anyone know which hose needs to be clamped to tow a SHO?

Its the hose that comes out of the transum by the muffler that runs to a spliter. The splitter runs up to the flush nozzel. Easy way to find it is work backwards. 1 find flush nozzle fallow hose down to splitter fallow hose towards tramsum. thats the hose.

See attach: it hose #1

good luck
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks!

I took a pic just in case anyone else is looking. My SHO has an extra hose that's not in the diagram...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sho-tow.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	212.5 KB 
ID:	87125  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by amharms View Post
    Thanks!

I took a pic just in case anyone else is looking. My SHO has an extra hose that's not in the diagram...
    I'm not so certain that is the one. That hose feeds the engine cooling & the intercooler, but does it also feed the exhaust? Cause that is the one you really need to shut down. There is a hose right underneath it that might feed the exhaust, need to look at the cooling diagram. I believe that it is the water that backs up from the exhaust into the engine that does the damage?????

Jim

Installed tow valve in mine works great. Pull off back seat 1/4 turn valve good to go.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by kgr1 View Post
    Installed tow valve in mine works great. Pull off back seat 1/4 turn valve good to go.
    Which line did you install it on???

jim

+1
    The hose in amharms pic is the correct one. This comes directly from the pump, the water goes around the cooling passages pushing ever more upward into the water cooled exhaust passages...... which lead to the exhaust port with an open exhaust valve & the cylinder fills with water.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by volltrex View Post
    The hose in amharms pic is the correct one. This comes directly from the pump, the water goes around the cooling passages pushing ever more upward into the water cooled exhaust passages...... which lead to the exhaust port with an open exhaust valve & the cylinder fills with water.
    I see, so the water cools the engine first & then goes out to the exhaust? What does the hose that either enters or exits beneath that do? I thought the water that cooled the engine exited after the thermostat on the back of the motor & out the other side? I dont know where I found that diagram & I dont have the service manual.

Jim

I took another look in the ski, and I think that other hose just above the cooling water hose may be the vacuum bilge pump. It goes up to a right-angle fitting high inside the hull, then back down into the front engine compartment; can't see where after that. There's also one on the other side that has the same right angle fitting up near the seat, and is connected to the electric bilge pump.

The hoses I marked are all braided, and all the rest I can see in the back there are much lighter-weight non-braided hoses.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by amharms View Post
    I took another look in the ski, and I think that other hose just above the cooling water hose may be the vacuum bilge pump. It goes up to a right-angle fitting high inside the hull, then back down into the front engine compartment; can't see where after that. There's also one on the other side that has the same right angle fitting up near the seat, and is connected to the electric bilge pump.

The hoses I marked are all braided, and all the rest I can see in the back there are much lighter-weight non-braided hoses.
    I guess I have to climb back in with a light. I'm not sure if I want to put an in-line valve. I all ready put a groco strainer on & some seemed to have an issue with overheating. The cooling line is only 5/8" so i dont want to restrict it to much.

Jim

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information