Thread: Trailer bunks!

Angry Trailer bunks!

Noticed very uneven wear on the trailer bunks with ski off of them......but ski on and noticed the left bunk lies flat on the hull in between stringers like it should, but the right is tipped way further foward so the ski rests on the outside corner of the bunk! When looking at the hull in the light you can see an indent where the bunk meets the hull there are two nuts that I can loosen to adjust the bunk easily but it has been like this since I bought it from the dealer......permanent damage???

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Check these out! Money well spent with these... will not damage the ski at all. Just don't back down or pull out of the ramp without the winch strapped.... or you will have alot of bottom damage!!! Adjust that bunk, screw these down and your done! No damage to the ski & the carpet will not wear a bit!

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/prod...ID=1009&r=view

+1
    I had the bunk slides and was very happy with them. I would spray them with a liguid wax every once and a while to make them even slicker. I also made a rolling stand that I put the slides on that match the height of the trailer so I can slide the ski right on. I replaced the slides with the rollers this spring and love them. Talk about easy on and off. Just need to make extra sure that the winch ratchet is locked before pulling up the ramp. The only draw back is that they rattle a bit(alot!).

OBJ
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rxp43008007.JPG 
Views:	77 
Size:	2.18 MB 
ID:	87294   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rxp43008027.JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	856.6 KB 
ID:	87295   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rxp43008028.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	852.1 KB 
ID:	87296   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rxp43008030.JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	819.8 KB 
ID:	87297  

thanks guys

+1
    Where did you get those Rollers?

Quote Originally Posted by outboard john View Post
    I had the bunk slides and was very happy with them. I would spray them with a liguid wax every once and a while to make them even slicker. I also made a rolling stand that I put the slides on that match the height of the trailer so I can slide the ski right on. I replaced the slides with the rollers this spring and love them. Talk about easy on and off. Just need to make extra sure that the winch ratchet is locked before pulling up the ramp. The only draw back is that they rattle a bit(alot!).

OBJ
    That is a slick set-up, I have never seen anything like that.

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1

OBJ
    Those rollers look dangerous to me.... better hope you have some damn good straps on the front & rear!!! I'd be nervous about my straps holding while driving! I have a feeling if others start using those rollers we will see alot of posts with pictures of there ski in the back of there truck

OBJ

NICE SKI!

+1
    Thanks Rudy.
    Yup, I'm paranoid about checking the winch ratchet before pulling away. I do use self retracting ratchet straps in the back, and the ski hangs off the back of the trailer a bit, so the straps are pulling the ski forward. I'm still going to add a safety strap leash to the front like I have on my boat, just for peace of mind. I have a Mirage pickle fork(can you say kite?) outboard that I purchased back in 02. The guy I bought it from had installed this extra safety leash that hooks to the bow eye. He did so after going down the freeway one time, and looking in the rear view mirror, he saw that the boat had slid back on the trailer and was about to take flight.
    The roller bunks are from Overtons, 5' for $89 I think. They run a special for free freight pretty often, if you order $150 or more. I got them because the ramp at our camp ground is not very steep and the water height on the river can vary from high water to low by about 5-6' and the rollers make un-loading/loading way easier.
    I Don't know if you can see in this picture what I came up with for a bow stop. It's working out pretty well. The way they had it originaly was a pain in the ass after I put the splash deflecter on. I also have the bunks mounted in trailer hitch stock with removable pins so you can easily convert the trailer to a flat bed. Works great

Obj
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010030.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	798.4 KB 
ID:	87460   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rxp43008031.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	814.3 KB 
ID:	87461   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rxp43008010.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	812.0 KB 
ID:	87462  

Thread Information