Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

kwak 1200 STX-R what they like???

as above im intrested in possible buying a 1200 STX-R as a kind of toy.ive got a p-x but quite fancy another cheaper toy.whos had one??
    any advise?best model?things that go wrong?

i spoke to a boy who has a very openmind when it comes to skis and has owned pretty much everything and ex racer and he told me if he was going back to racing hed take the stx-r over anything on the market.

Ive got one and really love it. It depends on what you want one for and what your used too. If you like quick and light handling and top speed isn't what your after then its great. If you want good range and lots of comfort then its not. It handles like a race boat and is a no frills recreactional craft. It will turn harder than anything else out there and it doesnt beat you too death but its not a cruiser either.

I would recommend you look for either a 2003 or later so as to get the larger gas tank and because of the hook in the 2002 hull. The 2002 is actually lighter and therfor maybe a better race boat but it was prone to cracking around the front motor mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by baba850r View Post
    as above im intrested in possible buying a 1200 STX-R as a kind of toy.ive got a p-x but quite fancy another cheaper toy.whos had one??

i spoke to a boy who has a very openmind when it comes to skis and has owned pretty much everything and ex racer and he told me if he was going back to racing hed take the stx-r over anything on the market.
    I got one ,it's cool but eats alot of gas ! I'm going to get a 15f soon but I'm not going to sell 1200stx-r.

pics
    Last edited by scarty111; 04-02-2009 at 06:11 PM.

+1
    thanks guys for your replies.
    no im not intrested in top-speed or cruising more balls out acceleration and handling i do love the p-x but want sumthing a bit older that isnt as fast that other skis can kep up withif you like round a course.

love the lines of the kwak.what reliabilty like on these?

what the like in comparison to a gp1300r or a stock rxp??

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    go with the stxr..... best bang for the buck for speed and handling

For Sale!

Quote Originally Posted by baba850r View Post

I got one for sale, $3900 and its yours Located in Franklin, MA

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=68097

+1
    bit far lol im in uk guys.

The only knock on the ski is the very poor gas mileage, 60-65 mpg is all you will see out of it tops and thats if you get the ones with the larger tanks. I dont know how much gas is in the UK but im sure it will cost you alot of "pounds" or "euros" to ride for 2.5 hours on the stxr.

+1
    on average over here up in west scotland it varies at moment from 115-125 pounds per litre.to fill the p-x im about £75-£85 pounds and if its calm itl last about an 1 1/2hrs if im gunning it racing round a course etc.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information