Thread: SL 900

SL 900

Does anyone make triples for a 97 SL900? Is it a worth while mod? I am looking at intake grates and ride plates for it to help out the hook-up in choppy water, anyone got some good history with specific manufacturers? I installed a SBT reman and I am premixing. Seems to pull hard when needed. I have a slight rougness or vibration in it, but can't locate the source...

I love this ski but its tough to ride in whitecaps....any suggestions?

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    A extended pump and ride plate will help,Check the ocean pro plates. Also a R&D scoop grate will help to keep the pump loaded. I think there was triples made for the 1050 domestic engine(would fit the 900),now if they were for the SL hull and would fit,I don't know. Tripples are harder and harder to find now days,and really need added upgrades to get the most from them.

+1
    To build a boat with triples you need a good foundation, an SBT engine isn't going to do it for you.

White caps and the two seater hull do not get along unless you like to jump. You'd probably be better off with a 3 seater hull if you want to traverse the ugly water.

You can try an OP extended ride plate and an R&D 750 intake grate??

Before you went to triple pipes, I'd put 1050 cylinders and pistons on it or go with a 1200...you'd be much happier...triples on a 900 wouldnt work out so hot, IMO.

thanks for the suggestions. I don't mind the jumping and getting wet, I guess I am growing tried of the constant loading and unloading of the pump which makes the jumping not so much fun. I have an 02 F12X that definately runs circles around the SL900 in choppy water. I just wanted to help out little one keep up and make the ride a little more pleasant. I know it will porpoise more than a 3 seater. It runs hard on smooth water, thats why I like it so much. Hard to let go of your first ski.

Where can I find out more about an extended pump? Is it a longer shaft and extended stator? Or are we talking about a pump out of a SLX?

Thanks again...

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    The extended pump consist of a 4" spacer between the stator and hull mount,4" longer driveshaft, longer steering cable,and extending the trim rod. The later skis came with them stock. Also the extended Ocean Pro Ride plate would help.

Quote Originally Posted by ttinsley View Post
    Where can I find out more about an extended pump? Is it a longer shaft and extended stator? Or are we talking about a pump out of a SLX?

Thanks again...
    Your 900 already has the extended pump setup, so there isn't much you can do there...the OP O ride plate will keep the nose down, along with an R&D 650 intake grate, should help the hookup.

Thread Information